youth unemployment. Consequences? suggestion?

lacusclyne 16 / 25 11  
never in mankind history have we experienced such decline in youth unemployment. This phenomenon, in fact, is detectable throughout the world which leaves scarring effects on our society. In the scope of this essay, I will shed light on the consequences and put forward suggestions

Being young and unemployed can put post graduated students under great financial and psychological pressures. First and foremost, some students usually end up with huge loans in order to pay for their tuition fees in university. Those loans, subsequently combine with future daily expenditures and form a formidable figure. Without a proper job, there would be no way students can cover these expenses without governmental or parental assistances. In addition, youth unemployment can exert negatively impact students spiritual life. We are currently living in a society where social status is commonly identified through careers. Not having a fulfilling and steady job will leave the sense of cultural, social exclusion and inferiority complex, which in turn, takes a huge toll on students mental health.

Far from bringing about personal struggles, this phenomenon can also affect our whole society. Large amounts of students can not get a proper job, thus being unable to apply their knowledge and skills into producing innovations and goods; therefore, causing huge delay in countries gross domestic product and productivity. Last but least, economic deficit may occur in some countries as the money spent on social benefits will rapidly rise and larger than money coming in from taxes

In my opinion, to solve this problem, students should properly integral to labor and workforce. Namely, schools and universities should offer internship and temporary jobs so that students could gradually fit into the working environment and gain more working experience. Furthermore, students should take some time to think about their desirable majors and jobs so as to get better preparation for the upcoming future.

in a nutshell, the issue of youth unemployment should be carefully considered as not only it can damage students mental life, self-esteem and self- image, future employability, but it also does harm to the society as a whole
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
It's a well-thought out essay. Make sure to always start a new sentence with a capital letter (and end a sentence with a dot). You could also discuss some arguments that are heavily promoted in our colleges, universities, and some governments. For example:

- Our governments should give more visas to foreign students to study and work (for example, the new TPP agreement is a step in the right direction). It's true they may compete with the current students and will drive down salaries but that way countries that can help will do the right thing and as long as we don't starve we should be grateful.

- Governments should spend more money to promote the modern lifestyle of young people, ie. them living in a basement with parents or sharing an apartment with a few of their peers. There are also other green initiatives, like renting a tent during summer months; it's like killing two birds with one stone: green + using less resources = win for the planet.

- There should be new laws imposed on cafes like Starbucks or shopping centers / gas stations opened 24 hrs - to allow graduates have sleeping bags on their premises so that they have a place to spend a night in case they don't get along with their parents or grandparents.

- More money should be spent on programs helping young people cope with mental stress resulting from them being unable to find a job. For example, each student could download a few games for free to their smart phone and enjoy them. Or get some extra vaccine for free.
alif 12 / 13 2  
halo @lacusclyne
I have some suggestion for you,

1. I think that it is important to write the question, this can easily correct your essay
2. in order to create the introduction, you have to try ( explain more about What the consequences and put forward suggestions )
3. allow me to correct the second paragraph below

Being young and unemployed can put post graduated students under great financial and psychological pressures. First and foremost, some students usually end up with huge loans (I think you have to explain Why the student should have huge loans?) in order to pay for their tuition fees in university. Those loans, subsequently combine with future daily expenditures and form a formidable figure. Without a proper job, there would be no way students can cover these expenses without governmental or parental assistances. In addition, youth unemployment can exert negatively impactnegative impact (Adverb + adjective) of student's piritual life. We(avoid using pronoun ) are currently living in a society where social status is commonly identified through careers. Not having a fulfilling and steady job will leave the sense of cultural, social exclusion and inferiority complex, which in turn, takes a huge toll on students mental health.

thank you. good luck
tuananh 8 / 15  
I have only one suggestion:
'never in mankind history have we experienced such decline in youth unemployment ' => 'Nowhere in the history has the issue been more visible than the decline in youth unemployment.'

Your essay is great!

Home / Writing Feedback / youth unemployment. Consequences? suggestion?