IELTS; At young age children are more adaptable to studying foreign language

raDJa 1 / 4  
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather then secondary school. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages ?

Some people claim that the foreign language should be taught at primary school, others, however, say that this is too difficult for children to comprehend and is better to be learnt at secondary school. Both opinions will be critiqued before the reasonable conclusion is drawn.

To begin with, at young age, children are more adaptable to studying. The basis for the vast majority of future knowledge is acquired at primary school. For instance, the abilities to write and read are the two most essential parts in ones' lives. LThus, it is seemed reasonable for educators to teach foreign languages at the initial stages.

In addition, the phenomenon of bilingual children is seen frequently throughout the globe. The good example here is Canada, where both French and English is spoken by many kids, inasmuch as inhabitants of France and the UK do. Thus, it is not seemed to be burdensome for many of young learners.

However, a great number of primary pupils are not as good in studying new material as others. For example, more than a half of students from somewhere are struggling at school and having difficulties with grasping new information, therefore, it would be extremely complicated for them to comprehend an extra material.

After analyzing both sides of the argument, it is felt that teaching overseas languages in primary school should be practiced in countries, where pupils do not usually experience difficulties. It is hoped, that the strugglers will receive an extra tuition, in order to become competent in speaking foreign languages.

Please HELP!!!
gtamani 6 / 14  
Thus, it is seemed reasonable for educators to teach foreign languages at the initial stages.
It seems reasonable is better
Why Passive ? Who Felt?
it is felt that teaching overseas languages in primary school should be practiced in countries, where pupils do not usually experience difficulties.
It is hoped , that the strugglers will receive an extra tuition, in order to become competent in speaking foreign languages.
Active voice is preferred . Experts Comment!
OP raDJa 1 / 4  
Really? I'm not sure
Because in many model answers I saw phrases like ' it is felt' or 'it is hoped'
Thanks, but whats your opinion in general?)
gtamani 6 / 14  
raDJa
Check out the question. it asks "Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages ?" ...So you got to write your opinion.. I dont think passive voice is a best in this context. There could be other reason why your textbook used passive...it depends more on the context.

it is felt
It is hoped
it is seemed-- does not flow well here... this is what I feel I am no expert
OP raDJa 1 / 4  
I think i've expressed my opinion , havent I?
Well, i dont know about the passive, but it was allmost the same context in the sample
Hi,
I have an admin request for you - Please have a more meaningful topic, similar to the one above which I used to replace yours, in the subject when you open threads in this forum.It's a forum rule.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; At young age children are more adaptable to studying foreign language