IELTS; Is it worth spending on Animal protection?

xiaoyu 2 / 2  
Now many people think that we are spending too much money and time on protecting wild animals. The money should be better spent on human population. Do you agree or disagree?

279
In contemporary century, the endangerment and extinction of some species of wild animals have aroused citizens with sense of social responsibility. Some people hold strong support for the preservation of these animals, while others just think too much time and money have been consumed in this field. As for me, I am in favor of the former.

It should be made clear that funds for protecting wild animals can never be too much, since those animals can make money themselves. Since most of the endangered species are arranged in protected natural habitats, reserves and zoos, they can help to attract more tourists if they have chances to survive. Of course, certain amount of money is needed to be invested in this field, such as setting up reserves, hiring professionals, purchasing animal food as well as producing advertisement to raise public awareness of animal preservation.

On a further level, protecting precious wild animals , like giant pandas, rhinos and whales, contributes quite a lot to biodiversity. Scientists have testified that extinct species appear to disappear forever, even though technology tend to be rather advanced now. Unfortunately, the extinction of some species may bring about biological imbalance and other unknown problems. Thus, animal preservation deserves proper amount of time and money of our society.

Admittedly, human community is confronted with a host of pressing problems in other fields, including climate change, lack of healthcare, poor standards of living, in some regions worldwide. The governments and societies definitely should attach importance to these issues, as well as animal protection.

To conclude, it is advisable to allocate money and time to make sure that wild animals can prosper and live harmoniously with mankind.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
In the contemporary century,

As for me, I am in favor of the former.

It would be better to briefly write the reasons why you took this position. This is a way by which you can connect the introduction to the body.

since those animals can be a source of income if we correctly use their potential to make money themselves

hiring professionalsanimal watchers , purchasingsupplying animals' foods

Thus, animal preservation deserves proper amount of time and money of our society.

In the introduction you said that you do not agree with spending much time and money on protection of animals. U supported it through the second and fourth paragraphs, but why did you write an opposite opinion in the third paragraph? I think this paragraph is not appropriate and you should changed it into an opinion to support your idea that you wrote it in the introduction.

I really confused. I could not understand that you are in agreement with the issue or not? It would be better to take one position, either agree or disagree.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Is it worth spending on Animal protection?