IELTS-TASK2 : Whether the media should notice ordinary people than famous people ?

Nofrinorman 27 / 17 8  
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Lifestyle of public figures such as actors, singers, or footballers brings the press to take much seriously. I would argue that common people also have a right to be well-known in a part of society when they achieve a success, whereas I totally disagree since they will exaggerate to reveal about their lives.

On the positive side, the lives of the common people should be reported, especially for successful people. It is an award for themselves and a motivation to influence other people. For instance, there was an activist group who blocks Hurley's riders on the trip because of they always trespass traffic light. Consequently, their action affected the government and people so that they have to concern in laws upholding. This incident will spread around the citizens which it will make a positive social change.

However, the negative side to this matter is particularly for media companies. If the media more provides about common people news, the public will not be amused with the ordinary people who have the achievement. For example, most of the Indonesian prefers to notice the celebrity lifestyle than learning much about the lives of outstanding people. The revenue source of companies definitely depends on the public figure in order to attract advertisement applier and to entertain the public.

To conclude, even though the popular people much more give the positive income for the media, they also should reveal a positive information of the ordinary people. Therefore, it is the way to attract public attention which it will stimulate the social expectation of common people.
Charlottefang 2 / 11 2  
1) You can emit repeating "such as actors, singers, or footballers", simply put as public figures/celebrities/famous people.

2) I didn't quite understand your POV: I would argue A, and disagree B. Would it be better that you write this sentence in a more pithy way?

3) If the media more provides/reportsmore stories about common people news

4) even though the popular people much more give the positive income for the media
>> even though the media has made a fortune from reporting celebrities' lives,...
>>As long as the reports about celebrities' lives encourage ordinary people to pursue their dreams, I think...
shintacandrade 10 / 74 87  

Hi Norman, I have to say that your thesis statement is quite bewildering since you agree in the first statement, then you refute it afterwards. And actually, this did not successfully answer the prompt. Let me rewrite it:

Lifestyles of public figures such as actors, singers, or footballers have been exposed unreasonably by the media. Ordinary people, on the other hand, are rarely reported in the news. I would argue that common individuals also have a right to be well-known in a part of society even though celebrities' lives, in fact, sound far more exciting for public interests. In this case, the media should have courage to bring ordinary people's stories to the public.

Hope this helps ~ Shinta
Arundyna 12 / 16 2  
hello Sir Nofynorman
let me give you little suggestion for your consideration

The world of media has taken a spectacular news in extraordinary people, public figures such as actors, singers, or footballers have been shown even unreasonable, while common civilizations reverse. In my view, i believe that common people also have a right to be well-known in a part of society when they achieve a success, whereas since they will exaggerate to reveal about their lives.

However, there are a wide range of corrosive effect to this case particularly for media companies. If the media more provides about common people news, the public will not be amused with them who have the achievement.

For example, most of the Indonesian prefers to notice the celebrity lifestyle than learning much about the lives of outstanding people. The revenue source of companies (try to give international issue in your example as you have taken Indonesian topic in the second paragraph)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS-TASK2 : Whether the media should notice ordinary people than famous people ?