IELTS: Wars essay - natural resources might be considered as a primary reason for wars

thongdat1608 3 / 7 3  
War has been around since the beginning of mankind. There have been many reasons for a war to start.

Discuss some of the reasons why wars are begun.

Wars, which lead to environmental and economical damages, have become one of the most concerning issues for many governments all over the world. There are several causes of this alarming problem, which will be discussed in this essay.

To begin with, natural resources might be considered as a primary reason for wars. When the number of inhabitants of a country increases rapidly, this puts a large amount of pressure on its natural resources. Therefore, countries, which have much more resource and weaker military, become the targets. A good example of this situation is Middle East countries, which rich in oils and land. They have been suffered from wars for many decades.

Next, racial conflicts have resulted in wars for many centuries. In other words, biological differences lead to hostile and aggressive behaviors between nations and areas. For example, many civil wars took form of ethnic and national conflict in Australia, the USA and Vietnam. Even though in most cases ethno-national conflict seems to owe to claim over land and strategic resources, racism may lie behind these wars.

Finally, religious clashes seem to be another reason for wars between countries or within country. Due to complication between Hindus and Muslim beliefs, individuals and groups within each religion often have different views. For example, citizens in India have been suffered from violence and high death toll as well as poor national development.

To conclude, natural resources, racism and religions are three prevalent causes of wars that require urgent actions to alleviate their severe consequences.
nanaakosah 1 / 3 1  
I like the explanation on the different causes of war but you could have added the causes of the two world wars.
OP thongdat1608 3 / 7 3  
Hi nanaakosah,

Yea, I thought of that too but my memory about them is too vague. And in fact, these in my essay is more recent.

Thank you,

Meagan

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Wars essay - natural resources might be considered as a primary reason for wars