Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS TASK 2- The Use of Electronic Media on Personal Relationships Between People

sharfina 35 / 21 5  
The use of electronic media has a negative effect on personal relationships between people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is common these days to find people make a conversation using electronic media. While this notion brings a negative effect since this may emerge misuderstanding in their individual relationships between people, I would argue that people's relationships becoming much more convenient is one of positive effect.

Needless to say, people using electronic media to communicate give rise to disturbing their mutual relationship among people. There seems tend to ignore people surround them when they make a conversation by electronic media. A 2014 Stanford University study found that 45 % married couple in London decided getting divorce since they lack of face to face communication in their households in the light of high frequency playing with their own gadget. On the other hand, 30 % young people often fight with their close friend when they just make a conversation by computer or handphone since they often get misunderstanding. Therefore, there is no doubt that electronic media have demerits for individual relationships among people.

Apart from the previous discussion, electronic media increase quality in relationships as they can keep in touch with others when and where they like. A 2015 recent ASAP Science reported virtual interaction and communication by media electronic leads to more successful relationships. 60% people from all of age cohorts in the world argued that they have good relationship in the light of electronic media such as, phone, computer, e-mail, and telegram. By doing so, they claimed that they know their family condition who lives overseas just through their gadget or computer connected to the internet without spending a lot of money to directly go there. The outcome of this study shows that electronic media have benefit to keep personal relationships still warm.

The aforementioned evidence shows that the negative cosequences of using electronic media comes to an abrupt withdrawal of personal relationship. However it is believed that they play a pivotal role to improve the quality of individual relationships among people. It is imperative that people should use electronic media wisely by maintaining their relationships with others.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2- The Use of Electronic Media on Personal Relationships Between People