Traffic in Viet Nam: Reasons and Solutions

Alamanda Bud 2 / 4  
In Viet Nam, the number of death by traffic accident is considered as large as the number of death by plague. There's about more than 30 people die everyday.

With the traffic conditions in Vietnam, accident is object to happen. The roads are too narrow to travel easily. Moreover, many pot-holes can appear everywhere to threaten the goers. On the roads, there're sometimes the illogical roundabouts. They are not only useless, but also make the traffic more chaotic. To solve this problem, we only have one way, it's improving the road. However, it is impossible for the government to widen the roads because of limited land. Whenever the roads are repaired, the traffic is more dangerous with the unfinished structures. People still travel on the repairing roads, and the roads are more and more narrow. We also can build the tunnels but it is very costly. Viet Nam has to borrow money from other countries and no one knows when the government can pay it back. As you know, Viet Nam is a monsoonal tropical country, it has a lot of rain every year. During the rainy season, the roads are flooded because all the waste pipes are stuck by rubbish and become very dirty.

In addition, the tense of Vietnamese people is poor. The roads in the cities are choked with so many vehicles such as motorbikes, bicycles, taxies, buses, cyclos and pedestrians because people do not follow the laws well. They even don't obey the traffic lights or signs. Children are taught about traffic laws while adults are breaking it. Now, the government gives many new strict laws to improve the present posture. Polices are more active than they used to. Everyone travel on motorbike wears helmet naturally without any enforcement. The traffic is better and better day by day.

In conclusion, with many measures now, the traffic in Viet Nam will be good one day. Despite the poor conditions Viet Nam can solve this problem themselves by the development of economic.
mea505 - / 265  
Hi.

As you can see from the first paragraph, there are many parts of the essay that need attention, but you are well on your way to a good essay. You have a strong opinion and you are backing it up with strong information. I suggest that you re-work the essay, given the corrections that are suggested, including the other paragraphs and then re-post it on the forum. How does that sound?

--Mark :)
OP Alamanda Bud 2 / 4  
Thank you, I'll get experience. Since I'm a Vietnamese so I'm used to writing 'Viet Nam' instead of 'Vietnam' :P
I didn't know people from Viet Nam wrote it as 2 words... Thanks for making me a little more knowledgeable! I wonder why there is a difference... Anybody know?
mea505 - / 265  
Kevin,

I was under the same impression the other day when I first encountered this essay, although I didn't raise the issue with the writer. The next day, as luck would have it, I visited my dentist, who happens to be Vietnamese. She told me that, yes, in Vietnam, the population refers to the country in two words, Viet nam. Why, I don't know, and she has no idea why we, as a people, call her country with one word, Vietnam. According to her, all of the maps are wrong! News to me, and I learned something new.

-- Mark

Home / Writing Feedback / Traffic in Viet Nam: Reasons and Solutions