the town of Garlsdon: Maps, roads - IELTS cambridge 5 writting task1

cathyliu 19 / 54  
The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the supermarket.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

3:10
The chart illustrates two possible positions to construct a new supermarket for residents in Garlsdon town. It can be seen clearly that the S1 site is located in the countryside---northwest of the town centre, while the S2 spot is situated in the middle of Town centre.

According to the map, we can see the town of Garlsdon is divided into four districts. the central part is the town centre, surrounding it is the housing district with two small industry districts in the northern and southern part within it, the outside field is the countryside area. In its northwest, southwest and southeast are Hindon, Brandon and Cransdon respectively.

In terms of the two sites (S1 and S2), we could see clearly that there is a railway pass both two sites, and two main roads connecting the town centre with other towns near them. The differences between them are: firstly, the S1 is located in the countryside, while the S2 is situated in the town centre; secondly, the main road passing S2 linking Hindon is 12 km far from the town centre, while the main road passing by S2 towards connecting the Bransdon and cransdon are 16 km and 25 km far from the town centre separately; thirdly, the population of Hindon, Brandon and Cransdon are 10,000, 15,000 and 29,000 respectively.

In conclusion, there are two similar features between the two sites both near the main road and rail way, and three different features including their positions, the distance and population of their accessible towns.

4:10 (+ revised)

words: 252 (too many, so not a good writing, should be revised to 160 words)
errors: separately,passing,southern
capital
Capitalize the first word:
The central part is the town centre and surrounding it is the housing district with two small industry districts in the northern and southern part within it, the outside field is the countryside area.

In its northwest, southwest and southeast are Hindon, Brandon and Cransdon respectively.------- very good sentence!!

In conclusion, there are a similar features between the two sites are their nearness to the main road and rail way, and the different features include their positions, the distance and population of their accessible towns.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / the town of Garlsdon: Maps, roads - IELTS cambridge 5 writting task1