Television destroys the family living and communication; Agree or Disagree?

Trai Do Van 1 / -  
Nowadays, Television has become more and more popular with every family in the world. Furthermore, following the flow of time, it gets smarter and smarter. Television of today is more modern than yesterday but it could be outdated by tomorrow. Actually, we cannot imagine how we could live without it for one day. It means that Television is influencing the family living and communication so much.

From its birth until now, Television as the most advanced produce of technology science has been given the red carpet welcome. At the same time, to meet the higher demands of people Television is non-stop improving day by day. In the past, we could not link our Television with computer, now that work is so easy. Old Television with a sole factor was entertainment and just very few channels; now smart Television has so many wonderful factors and channels. TV really becomes a member of each family. In the family, children can sit for a whole day beside Television to watch cartoon movies such as Tom and Jerry, Search for Demo, Wander of white dogs, etc. Parent may spend their time on current events program to take information, or cooking training program or movie, music programs to relax. If a family want to travel to other countries, they don't need to go there by aircraft or car, just sit opposite Television and open discovery or travel program that is not only cheap but also help saving money. Just with a Television, all of everything also becomes easy. Just with a Television, you will never feel depressed and lonely.

However, beside entertainment, what is carried out by Television, is also much affects our life, especially family living. Because as someone said it absorbs people's time too much that they have no time to talk to each other. For example, we can easily see in many current families after a hard working day, father or mother often used to hide themselves inside their room to watch Television as a way to relax, and children as well. Even, the children can leave their lunch or dinner just to watch an interesting cartoon, so that, one day every member in a family has a cold relation with each other. This can make family relationship to be weak, the gap between parent and children, or wife and husband could be broadened. Let us imagine talk, no conversation and communication. It is really so horrible. If this happens, it means that family living can be destroyed.

To conclude this topic, I can say that I agree with option "Television absorb people's time too much that they have no time to talk to each other".

However, to conclude is that Television is dangerous and it has destroyed the family living and communication, I disagree that not only Television but also internet, busywork, flirtatiousness are destroying family living. Anyway, I believe that family living is a solid structure, and will not be easy to destroy.
lynzee22 - / 90 37  
Hello,
You give a lot of good information about how TV has changed over the years in the beginning, but you should start with if you agree or disagree with the statement. This will be your thesis - it should be one or two sentences in because this is a short essay. You could use some of the points that you made to support your thesis, but you don't need a description of TV's advancement over the years for this essay.

To conclude this topic, I can say that I agree with option "Television absorb people's time too much that they have no time to talk to each other". However, to conclude is that Television is dangerous and it has destroyed the family living and communication, I disagree that not only Television but also internet, busywork, flirtatiousness are destroying family livingthis is irrelavant . Anyway, I believe that family living is a solid structure, and will not be easy to destroy. this is a very wishy-washy sentence. Either you agree or disagree. You have to pick.

Also, this part should be at the beginning and the rest should support your claim.
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
I applaud your conclusion, that T.V. is not alone in destroying family communication. You did point out some other useful ways, to look at it.

I believe you made your point about T.V. causing interference with the family structure and order.

I made some word changes, and tried to break up run-on sentences with commas, or by shortening them. It certainly paints a gloomy picture, but you made it more upbeat, by saying it could not be easily destroyed.

I enjoyed reading this essay. I think your paragraphs are well divided, but toward the end of the essay, you use too many run-on sentences. Perhaps you could take some of the other destroying factors, and elaborate on how they too contribute toward poor family communication.

Thanks for sharing!

ef_carol

Home / Writing Feedback / Television destroys the family living and communication; Agree or Disagree?