SAT essay - TELEVISION

Utau4928 5 / 17 1  
Assignment: What are your thoughts on the idea that television has turned out to isolate people instead of bringing them together?

I'm not a native English speaker, and I don't have good writing skills, so tell me if I have good reasons and examples, what aspects should I improve, and grammar errors.

Thanks in advance

While ostensibly the television has turned out to isolate people, actually it depends on how the uses manage it. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, to have a positive, the owner should use it wisely.

Most of the objects are created to have a useful usage, but sometimes we are the ones who create negative consequence. Many people think that now the television has made people to enclose themselves in the house and stop having contacts with friends and family. In my case, my parents are always busy. However, there is a time when all the family comes together and it is television time. Therefore, the television doesn't isolate my family, but make us come together.

I have a friend who doesn't talk to anyone when she is watching television, and she tends to watch it alone. Nevertheless, she doesn't watch television for a long time, so she also spends a lot of time with her friends and family.

Some people think that when the neighbourhood only had few television sets, people tend to have closer relationships. If we think in the same way, should we have few fridges in the community, so we can spend more time with our neighbour?

In conclusion, determining if the television has turned out to isolate people or not, it depends on how the owner use it. The television set is a tool for us. Therefore, we should use it wisely in order to have positive influences such as bring the family or the neighbourhood together.
trangsix 2 / 4  
While ostensibly the television has turned out to isolate people, actually it depends on how the uses users manage shouldn't use manage here it. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, to have a positive this expression is a little bit awkward , the owner should use it wisely.

Most of the objects are created to have a an useful usage Most objects are invented to facilitate human , but sometimes we are the ones who create negative consequences . Many people think that now the television has made people to enclose themselves in the house and stop having contacts with friends and family. In my case, my parents are always busy. However, there is a time when all the family comes together and it is television time. Therefore, the television doesn't isolate dissociate may be a better wordchoice my family, but make us come together.

I have a friend who doesn't talk to anyone when she is watching television, and she tends to watch it alone. Nevertheless, she doesn't watch television for a long time, so she also spends a lot of time with her friends and family. => How does this example support your point of view?

In conclusion, determining if the television has turned out to isolate people or not, it depends on how the owners use it. The television set is a tool for us. Therefore, we should use it wisely in order to have positive influences such as bringing the family or the neighbourhood together.
sunni 2 / 3  
I feel like your position on this question is not so strong. if there is no word limit, why don't you add details to your example. So they can support your position better.
OP Utau4928 5 / 17 1  
Thanks a lot
Therefore, to have a positive, the owner should use it wisely.

This sounds a bit too abrupt. There is not word count issue and therefore you can have a nice longer sentence that deliver your idea more clearly :D

Most of the objects are created to have a useful usage, but sometimes we are the ones who create negative consequence

Many technologically advance devices have been invented with an objective of offering more convenient and efficient solutions to the mankind. However, it is the user sometimes misuse or overuse them and face with negative consequences.

Home / Writing Feedback / SAT essay - TELEVISION