IELTS TAKS 2 : the best method of learning, through group study or independent study?

ADIE08 29 / 32 1  
In the world of education, there are several techniques to learn, in which many people, throughout the world, assume that for several student learn with group discussion is better, While some students prefer to study by themselves. I argue that both of views have merits and demerits for a student have their own way to study, however in my opinions study together with other friends are more benefit.

Firstly, many schools suggest their students to learn together in a study group, it is related with the research study or other subjects. Base on Pennsylvania research, study group has a purpose educate the pupil skills and analytic, then make them active thinking to solve a problem together with their friends and they improve the sense of mind also they have good skill communicate. Moreover, group discussion teaches about moral and attitude values such tolerance and sharing with the other. Studied in American elementary school, the student has experienced in a study group, generally have higher social respect with their friends and easy to accept of diversity. Finally study group have many positive impacts on pupils

However, a student tends to do an individual study the reason is more focus on their subject. self-study also makes Student gains the freedom to learn without restrictions. they can do anywhere and anytime and improve their concentration. For example based on MOSS (most online study self) organisation, student choose self-learning is more compatible to answer the question in which most of them have high record pass the exam. However many a student do the self-study has difficult when they learn in which they have only a little guidance, if something the book not clear or the subject is confusing no-one friends to help also student needs more time to solve their problem

The aforementioned evidence shows that, although self-learning has a benefit but it also has a weakness. In my opinion, study-group is more useful for students to increase knowledge gained from their peers and be able to correct each other in one group.
Adie, I have edited this essay prompt before and because of that, I feel like your essay is not really prompt responsive. Would you mind providing us with the actual prompt that you were given to discuss so that we can better assess your written work for prompt compliance? It will really be appreciated.

The essay discussion should, as far as I can remember, contain a discussion of the two points of view, as separate paragraphs, and then your own opinion on the matter, based upon personal opinion or experience, in order to create a more solid supporting statement on your end.

You should also take note of the way that you present your sources. For example, when you said "Pennsylvania study", you should have been able to accurately tell the examiner what the source is. Pennsylvania is a town in the U.S. so was it a newspaper, magazine, or something else that emanated from the town? Or perhaps this was the title of a magazine? You should have clarified that source point.

Overall, the essay is acceptable but with some flaws. I don't doubt that once I read the actual prompt, I will be able to better asses your work.
putri22 33 / 33 5  
however in my opinions studying together with other friends areis more benefitbeneficial.

has a purpose to educate the pupil skills and analytic capability , then make them think (...) their friends and they can improve the sense of mind also they have good communication skill communicate .

in my opinion, in the first body paragraph you give too much idea. there are more than 5 advantages that you mention. it is better if you mention only about 3 benefits, but you explain it in a good way.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TAKS 2 : the best method of learning, through group study or independent study?