Studying in a particular field should be step by step. Research, knowledge and practice is enough

camellia2008 12 / 7  
Topic:
Should university students take classes in many subjects or specialize in one subject?

I think that university students should specialize in one field. My reasons include the following:

In the first place, studying in a particular field should be step by step. For example, my university, Shih-Hsin, is famous in the field of mass media. As a result, it requires its students to take classes in one major subject for four years. As students majoring in mass media, we will learn from basic programs to practical courses. All of us need to take fundamental programs, and then turn to pragmatic applications. In addition, being good at one field can help students prepare for their career.

Secondly, specializing in a major subject is a suitable way for students who want to achieve their goal. A university is not only the center of research and development for knowledge in general, but also for practical training. Some students go to a university to prepare for future jobs. Because of career preparation, those students should pay their attention to one specific subject and try to have some special skills. Moreover, during their school lives, the students take some official tests to get some certificates or licenses, such as "Certificate of Accounting" and "skill category of Computer Software Application."

Furthermore, it takes time for some students to specialize in a field. For instance, students who major in the medical field need to take a long time to study in the school. The most important of all, it demands a wide variety of skilled and professional training in this field. In the long term, those students are absorbed in this field, from taking the courses in a school to practicing in a hospital, for their future profession. Consequently, they may do not have much free time to take other general courses.

For the above reasons, I believe that it is better for universities to require their students to specialize in one subject rather than many subjects.
I AGREE with you!! The whole world is becoming specialized...

As students majoring in mass media, we will learn in basic programs and also practical courses. All of us need to take fundamental programs, and then turn to pragmatic applications.

Secondly, specializing in a major subject is a suitable way for students who want to achieve their goals .

In the long term, students will have become absorbed in their fields by taking the courses in a school and also putting their knowledge into practice.

Consequently, they may not have much free time to take other general courses.

Home / Writing Feedback / Studying in a particular field should be step by step. Research, knowledge and practice is enough