Students should be required to attend classes; may need explanations of teachers

phuocqui 3 / 5  
Some university students think that they can study at home via reading books, while the others, such as I, believe that attending classes is necessary for the students for the following reasons.

In classes, the students can study a lot of things from their teachers. Although I admit that the students can obtain knowledge or information for books, I would argue that when they are in classes, the teachers who have good experience can give the students several examples in order to help the students understand deeply about lessons. In addition, the teachers can find out what the students still do not understand or misunderstand and then explain for them. For instance, without help of teachers, different students may figure out different ways about the same theory in a book. Therefore, in some cases, students need explanations of teachers.

Furthermore, when the university students study in classes, they can build relationship with their classmates. Such social relationship plays a significant role in development of future career of the students. In other words, people who have good social relationship will receive more chances to success in the future. More to the point, the students know ways how to tackle problems each other when they study in group. They learn how to communicate with other people effectively and can study from their classmates. The communication skill is not only help students in studying period, but also in their future career.

In brief, taking all the fore-mentioned arguments into account, I believe that the university students should participate in classes.
triplesmickey 1 / 39  
The communication skill isnot only helps students not only in studying period, but ...

... I believe that the university students should ...

* Your thesis statements are missing. This makes your composition amiss in many, many respects. Grammatical errors are virtually everywhere.
* Take a brief proofreading to assure approximate accuracy next time.
* I anticipate better work in the near future.
puroodsy 3 / 16  
Hi,

I think you should try to proofread your essay more carefully to avoid grammatical, spelling mistakes, and some awkward phrasing. Below are a few mistakes I found from your essay.

Although I admit that the students can obtain knowledge or information forfrom books,

I would argue that when they are in classes, the teachers who have good experience can give the students several examples in order to help the students understand deeply about lessons.

The 2 clauses of this sentence don't really go together. How about changing to something like: experienced teachers in class can clarify the students' doubts and help them understand the lessons better with relevant examples.

For instance, without help of the teachers,

different students may figure out different ways about the same theory in a book. Therefore, in some cases, students need explanations of teachers.

This point I think you need to develop better. Figuring out different ways to understand a theory is not necessarily a bad thing; it actually encourages independent and critical theory. Thus I don't really see the link between these 2 sentences.

The communication skill ishelps students not only in theirstudying period (a bit awkward, you can change to school days or something else?), but also in their future career.

Hope this helps. All the best for your exam!

This first paragraph should have more than one sentence. In fact, this long sentence includes too much information, and maybe it should be split up:

Some university students think that they can study at home via reading books and benefit just as much as students who attend classes. Others, such as I, believe that attending classes is necessary for the students' success. for the following reasons. This is my belief, because _____________ (give a phrase that captures the main idea of the essay. Let this sentence be the essence of the whole essay... the thesis statement.).

:-)
sheldon 3 / 5  
the teachers can find out what the students still do not understand or misunderstand and then explain ...

there is also a grammatical mistake in this sentence.
It should be : the teachers can find out what the students do not understand yet or misunderstand and the explain...

Home / Writing Feedback / Students should be required to attend classes; may need explanations of teachers