students should live at home with their parents or should live at school. Discuss.

njf20032005 1 / -  
Some people think students should live at home with their parents. Others think children should live at school. Discuss.
In recent years, boarding schools are gaining popularity with parents. This brings a public debate over whether students should live at home or at school. Both sides seem to have some elements of truth that need to be discussed in detail.

The popular wisdom for choosing the boarding school involves the recognition that students who spend most of their time at home are restrictive in terms of independency and perceptions of life. Indeed, by living at school and solving problems on their own, students could be more independent, which is very important in dealing with academic learning and challenges in student life. Also, children with such an experience tend to have more personal resources to draw on and have a boarder view of life. However, while living at school, children cannot possibly get as much care and support as they do from parents. What is worse, unsympathetic staff and peers could make the life at school unbearable.

To my way of thinking, living with parents can be both reasonable and necessary for young students. This is because school hours allow enough time for children to communicate with teachers and co-students and they do need time for staying with parents, most of whom exert a profound impact on the growth of children. By living with parents, they receive more love, care and support which are believed to play an important role in developing desirable behaviors and the healthy personality. This is especially essential in the case of disruptive students, where parents can usually be the first to notice the misbehavior and then proper criticism and emotional encouragement can actively prevent this undesirable inclination. Also, with regular attention from parents, children seldom have the chance of indulging themselves in computer games and making friends in a blind way.

In view of the above arguments, it is reasonable to conclude that living at home with parents is much more appealing to young students, given the significance of parenting.
hvthoteen 16 / 44 4  
"Both sides seem to have some elements of truth that need to be discussed in detail" --> I think this sentence is not very suitable. Here can be an example: Living at each place has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Moreover, you should include your main ideas in the introductory paragraph.

"The popular wisdom for choosing the boarding school involves the recognition that students who spend most of their time at home are restrictive in terms of independency and perceptions of life" In my opinion, this sentence is a bit weird.

"children cannot possibly" --> you should not use possibly here

And a paragraph should not be merely a sentence

In general, your way of writing sentences sometimes confuse the readers :d

Home / Writing Feedback / students should live at home with their parents or should live at school. Discuss.