IELTS task 2 - Space exploration is national pride or international effort

Bayuwibowo 48 / 73 21  
Some people argue that space exploration has had more to do with national pride than international effort.
To what extent do you agree with this?
How do you think space exploration will change in the future?

Space exploration is becoming hot issue these days. It more reflects about country conceitedness rather than an International endeavor. While some people say this is true, it is agreed that an immense problem have encouraged International community to cooperate together. This essay also will discuss the possibility of advancement technology to alter space exploration in the future.

Superpower country tends to shows their power to the other nations, because they will obtain more respect and benefit from that. For instance, After World War 2, there is a cold war between Western and Eastern Bloc has a competition building a rocket which can land human to the Moon. The reason is simple, they want to show the world that they have a superior technology. Eventually, Western bloc wins that competition, when US has succeeded to send Armstrong land in the moon in July 21th 1969. As a consequence, US obtain respect from other nations and as we know they become the most powerful country until nowadays.

Apart from that national pride, human kind has faced plenty of problems these days. This needs the international collaboration for tackle the issues. One of the biggest issues we face today is the rising of human populations and over exhausted Earth. The numbers of humans are doubled in the last decade and our planet cannot any longer support us. It is led International community work together exploring Planet Mars in order to become the next Earth for human life. International space station has been built in outer earth atmospheres for support the mission. As seen, this exploration needs an enormous funding, so that if a nation only obsesses about their pride this exploration will fail.

The various inventions will changes the form of space exploration. It is predicted that human will begin to explore billion light-years when warp technology is founded. Voyages between planets in the galaxy become common matters although these inhabitants do not have basic cosmonauts. In the next following generation, the situation on earth will be changing, since the population has been separated in Earth and Mars.

In conclusion, even though a small portion of national pride will disrupt the collaboration, I would say that international effort is the biggest part leading space exploration to deal with several human kind problems. It is imperative to fund more in the research of space exploration technology.
thiet sun 5 / 6 1  
Space exploration is becoming hot issue these days. It more reflects ...

=>my suggestion: one of the hottest issues that many nations are much concerned about is space exploration. while some people believe that this is a good opportunity for countries to attain national pride, others think that this encourages international community to cooperate together. I do completely disagree/disagree with the former/latter.

=>in my opinion, we should show our opinion in introductory paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 - Space exploration is national pride or international effort