Smoking at public place should be banned. Argumental essay for IELTS GT

usalma2002 9 / 21  
Smoking at public place should be banned because it relates too many disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Smoking at public place should be banned is a frequent topic of discussion. There should have a freedom for smokers whether he will smoke or not as well as where he will smoke.

There are at least three major advantages of smoking; firstly, it removes one's anxiety at difficult time for instance during examination, problem at work. Secondly, to some it works as companion, makes forget loneliness as well. Sometimes it helps in increasing attention in solving critical problems. Many people, especially youngsters love to smoke at the time of gossiping, watching movie or waiting for someone.

However, bad effects of smoking can not be vitiated concerning health issue. Nicotine is the main source of developing lung cancer which has become an epidemic to poorer nations. Passive effect of smoking is also another subject to count. Medical researches show that a non smoking person living long with a smoker has a great chance of getting lung cancer too and this is called passive smoking. Usually it is seen that children of smoking couple are more likely to start smoking earlier than those whose parents are non-smoker. The eventual effect of chain smoking is severe; most of them die in throat cancer, tongue cancer, mouth cancer and more, even at an earlier age.

.
Moreover, smokers probably acknowledge the negative impact of smoking as it is labeled on the packet of cigarettes stating “Smoking is harmful for health”. Thereby they are bound to preserve the burned air within themselves having cigarette in solitary place even at home.

Overall, it would be best if there was no cigarette in the world. Then people may find alternative something than cigarette and as a result at least passive smokers would get relief from breathing nicotine mixed air in public places. In my opinion, smoking must be banned in open air. From the government side proper measures should be taken to make people aware regarding having cigarette as well as breathing burned air with full of nicotine.
cathyliu 19 / 54  
There are at least three major advantages of smoking;
I think you should pay little attention to your punctuation.
The question of whether smo king at public place should be banned is a frequent topic of discussion. There should have a freedom for smokers; whether someone will smoke or not as well as where he will smoke are choices that should be his to make.

Secondly, to some it works as companion, making him forget loneliness as well. Sometimes it helps in increasing attention in solving critical problems. Many people, especially youngsters, love to smoke at the time of gossiping, watching movie, or waiting for someone.

Passive effect of smoking Second-hand smoke is also another subject to count. Medical research shows that a non-smoking person ...

Then people may alternatives, something than cigarettes, and as a result at least passive smokers would get relief from breathing nicotine-filled air in public places.

This is very good, but at the end of the first paragraph you should state your opinion that smoking in public should be banned. Right now you are ending the first paragraph with a sentence that says you think the smoker should get to decide where to smoke, and that is not what you are arguing. You are arguing that the smoker should not get to choose, and that it should be banned in public.

:-)
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
I'm sorry, but this is terrible. Amphetamines, caffeine, cocaine, mdma, and other drugs which are not even stimulants have the desired effects you listed.

You should also know that nicotine does not cause lung cancer or any cancer. Oh dear.
OP usalma2002 9 / 21  
Thank you very much. I would be more serious about information during essay writing in future. Right now I am worried about my writing ability, because I am appearing in the IELTS exam next month.
OP usalma2002 9 / 21  
Thank you, Kevin. As a moderator I would appreciate you. Your positive comment inspires me much and corrections, that you have suggested, help me as well.

It's a IELTS essay! That means it's like me trying to write about this in Spanish, ha ha. I know how to speak Spanish at the level of maybe a 4 year old, so it is impressive when someone is able to accomplish an essay like this in a second language! :-)
OP usalma2002 9 / 21  
Thank you, Kevin. You really have got the power to raise one's confidence higher. Thanks again for your overwhelming comment.

Home / Writing Feedback / Smoking at public place should be banned. Argumental essay for IELTS GT