school attend: to further knowledge, to experience new things, to earn a degree

mmouse 1 / 1  
I will be taking TOEFL soon, and I need help improving my essays! Any comment helps! Thank you!

Topic: People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are many reasons people consider when deciding to go to college or university. I believe that people attend college or university for these three reasons: to further knowledge, to experience new things, and to earn a degree.

First, I believe that many people go to a college or university to further their knowledge. Many classes of different fields are offered at a college or university, and people can acquire new skills and knowledge of their interests. In addition, there are libraries that hold thousands of books and professors with advanced knowledge to help students learn the materials. Colleges and universities set up their learning environment as comfortable as they can for students.

Second, people attending a college or university look for opportunities to experience new things. Many high school graduates leave their homes and parents to live in a dorm or an apartment. This change of an environment allows them to experience a new lifestyle. In addition, there are countless numbers of opportunities to meet new people and to engage in different activities than from those they are accustomed to. Enlarging a social circle, as matter of fact, can prepare them for their future lives.

Third, I think that people attend college or university to accomplish an ultimate goal: to earn a degree. Because the world today put so much values on people's educational backgrounds when hiring for a job, a college degree is almost a necessity when applying for a job. Many studies have shown that people with a degree have better chances of getting hired than those without. Furthermore, even after the employment, income values vary among those with a degree and those without.

In conclusion, although people attend college or university for many different reasons, I think it is to further their knowledge, to experience new things, and to earn a degree. I believe that these three reasons are what most people look for when deciding to attend a college or university. However, whatever their reasons are, a college education leads to a better and successful life.
navid_zarif 2 / 3  
to furtherget knowledge, to experience new things, and to earn a degree. use parallel structures

Home / Writing Feedback / school attend: to further knowledge, to experience new things, to earn a degree