I came to knew about Jesus at young age; My salvation testimony - kindly edit.

Alfred 1 / 1  
I grew up in a Christian home and attended church regularly. I came to knew about Jesus at young age. I was baptized by immersion when I was 12. During my high school years, I have longed to become an active christian at school. I have desired to be used by God in making Him known to my fellow students. Being a Christian at high school is full of challenge.

Things were changed when I enter college. I studied college in Baguio City. As I'm living away from my parents, and the world was very enticing, I slowly drifted away from God and fell out of fellowship with Him. I also began to develop pride in myself. While I learned many good things at school, I also learned and did things that make me so ashamed today I would not even want to remember. I lived my own life. I finished college with unsatisfying marks.

After graduating from college, I have landed several short jobs. One of which is as a computer instructor at one computer learning center in the city. During the summer of 1993, I began to feel differently about my health. I feel so weak and can easily get tired. Due to this situation, I was forced to leave my teaching job to take a rest. I went home to my parent's and told them that I'm in a vacation. I didn't tell them about my health condition. They have noticed that I'm not in good shape and they asked me if I am sick. I denied and told them that I was just stressed at work and need some break and I will be fine.

Each day, my health continues to decline instead of getting better. Every night I can hardly sleep. My parents encouraged me to see a doctor but I refused and continually pretend that I'm okay. I was afraid to see a doctor as I don't want to find out what my real condition is. During this period, I started seeking the presence of God. I admitted and confessed that I disobeyed Him, that I have done so many things that are not pleasing to His sight. I cried out to God and asked for forgiveness and healing. After I prayed I know God have forgiven me but my illness remains. Every night I continuously prayed for a healing. It was a constant prayer for almost two months but to no avail.

As days passed by with my deteriorating health condition always in mind, I began developing anxiety and depression. It became more terrible adversary than my physical sickness. I began to think about my life, what I have envisioned my life to be, my future, no more future, etc. I worried so much of many things.

Midnight of June 20, 1993 I succumbed to the reality of reaching the lowest part of my life. I have reached point zero. I can feel that I am dying that moment. This time my prayer is different. It's letting go. I cried "Father God if it is your will that my life will only this far, then so be it. Your will be done. I'm so sorry that I have messed it. Take it. Anyway it is you who gave, I don't have right to keep it. So I totally give up the battle. After saying those words, I got filled with joy, love and peace all at once. Joy and peace that I have never experience before. Suddenly a familiar verse surfaced onto my mind, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).I know at that very moment I have just being washed over by the Holy Spirit. God had been merciful to me. God have healed and renewed me. Thank you Father God!

The following day, my health condition started to improve. It didn't happen instantly. I was able to recover physically, mentally and spiritually in more than a month. During the recuperating period God spoke to me in many different ways. Through His Word, gospel music, christian radio programs (I was always tuned in to DZAS from morning till evening daily), books (my favorite was "Anything You Ask" by Colin Urquhart. I have learned a lot about prayer from this book).

I really see that the Lord has been working behind the scenes in my daily walk with Him. Life didn't become easy, but it became exciting and purposeful. I know that whatever God has going for me tomorrow will be good, whether it is in the process of building me up or breaking me down.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Be sure to keep your verb tense consistent, writing in the past tense except when you are talking about the present.

During my high school years, I have longed to become an active christian at school. I have desired to be used by God in making Him known to my fellow students.

Things were changed when I entered college.

I felt so weak and could easily get tired. Due to this situation, I was forced to leave my teaching job to take a rest. I went home to my parents and told them that I was on a vacation.

I had reached point zero. I felt that I was dying that moment.
This a very compelling and moving story. Now, go through and ruthlessly get rid of as much of it as you can. That is, be concise. So, for instance

"As days passed by with my deteriorating health condition always in mind, I began developing anxiety and depression"

could be rewritten as

"As my health deteriorated, anxiety and depression consumed me."

That was just one example. You can go through the entire essay and tighten it up by making similar changes throughout.
OP Alfred 1 / 1  
thank you guys for the quick replies.

Home / Writing Feedback / I came to knew about Jesus at young age; My salvation testimony - kindly edit.