IELTS GT 2: reason and solution of poverty

peterc 14 / 52  
Hi All,

Here is another essay with an relatively common topic. Any comments are welcomed. Thank you!

Every country has poor people and every country has different ways of dealing with the poor.

What are some of the reasons for poverty? What can we do to help the poor?

One of the common observations in various societies around the world is that citizens are classified by their financial position. Their governments usually have to issue policies and provide funding to assist those who earn significantly less. This essay will examine the root of problem and suggest solutions to improve the situation. 52

The major reason of poverty is the lack of proper education. When they spent insufficient time to be educated in their adolescences, probably they would discover the extreme difficulty to get the well-paid jobs, as the prerequisite typically includes a university level of education at the minimum. Consequently, keeping their job is the major concern because it is unrealistic to invest a large amount of money on getting a degree. 70

Another principal reason refers to the absence of sufficient natural resource. This led to the reliance on the import of oil crude and other similar resources from foreign countries, and in turn worsen their financial position due to the skyrocketing and unpredictable inflation of the price. As a result, escaping from poverty is supposedly impossible. 55

A practical solution on the education issue is to join fund-raising activities introduced by charitable organizations. Joining a voluntary trip to teach the financially disadvantaged people could be another excellent opinion. On the other hand, to tackle with the resource concern, developed countries like United States should import at a discounted price in order to fulfill the ethical responsibility. Alternative resources, like solar power energy, should also be widespread introduced to minimise the production cost. 75

Numerous reasons could be found and analysed for why these people are getting poorer. However, what we should do is to encourage personal funding on education and introduce cheaper and other means of natural resources to them, such that the situation could be vastly improved. 45

total 297 words
ajit88rai 22 / 188 3  
Hi buddy,

A good structured overall essay. Maybe you could also write the following points to strongly depict the reasons of poverty:

- INFRASTRUCTURE -see, lack of infrastructure will eventually result in lesser opportunities to the degree-holders too. Hence, a proper infrastructure is needed.

-CORRUPTION- Do you know THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES- this name was coined during the cold-war era for most of the African and Asian countries, which remained non-aligned to any of the superpower blocks. However, in order to woo these countries (mostly comprising of developing or under-developed countries) the big countries started giving them billions of dollars aid. But many of these countries have still remained underdeveloped/developing only because of the wrong allocation of foreign aids, corrupt political leaders/dictators etc. Hence corruption has been a major cause of poverty in many places too.

I hope these points can help u.

Good luck and cheers.
OP peterc 14 / 52  
Hi ajit88rai,

Thanks for the points. I am desperate for ideas since the exam is coming really soon :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS GT 2: reason and solution of poverty