Should we read books that are based on real events, real people? NO

shahdad 7 / 17  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should read only those books that are about real events, real people, and established facts. Use specific reasons and details to support your opinion.

I beg to differ. Fictional books and characters play substantial role not even in children life but even in adults. Omitting such books could impact bookshops,cinemas,industries and even universities.

First and foremost, children should be mentioned as a group who consist a great number of readers.According to a recent static in UK, children are the greatest proportion of book buyers and they spent more than 10 million pound on buying new books. Therefore, publishers are interested to keep this group keen on their books and the best to do that is using fictional characters and stories. Harry potter and lord of the rings are two books which loved by not even children but also their parents. advantage of fictional books do not end here.

Besides, respecting to peoples opinions and rights to choose the books that they want to read is another fact that shouldn't neglected. Nowadays, lot of people would like to overwhelm in story and tales that may not be real. But, this books could relax them for a minute and give them this opportunity to live life on the edge and try to imagine themselves in a world that there is no guns and the magic is the main source of energy. However,this could sound funny.

Another support to fortify my answer is industries specially movies. A great number of best sellers films are movies which their story inspired by fictional books. Batman(the knight of dark) and spiderman series movies are a few sample of this movies. A recent surveys in losangles shows that more people are keen on watch movies with fictional based story rather than real based stories. One can still find so much to mention about this topic.

In conclusion, I concede that fictional books plays big role in any field and omitting them could have unforseen consequences.
yuri_20 1 / 1  
for me, that is not always the case. sometimes, people should feed their imaginations too. let themselves go on an adventure without leaving their seats. but not so much that they dont know what is reality and what is not.

I hope i helped. :)
jostar 6 / 13  
I see progression in your essay, especially the third part, "live lives on the edge".

You don't have to say "However,this could sound funny", no need to be shy of your opinion.

Your whole article focuses on the importance of fictions, but I think some illustrations of the real ones are necessary.
OP shahdad 7 / 17  
Jostar thank you for you feedback.
i found problem in the third part:
"lots of people" not "lot of people"

Home / Writing Feedback / Should we read books that are based on real events, real people? NO