Toefl Essay : Do you prefer to live in an old or a modern apartment?

artin 7 / 17  

Generally during our life, we may have the opportunity to experience living in different apartments. In my opinion, characteristics of living place such as being modern or old fashioned has its own influence on our lifestyle. Due to the below reasons I prefer to live in a modern apartment rather than an old one.

First of all, as far as the apartment is new designed therefore it is tried to consider more things for more convenience. For instance, previously I was living in an old apartment which hadn`t any air cooler, thus in summer it was awfully annoying. After our movement to a modern one, we noticed the air conditioner which makes our apartment more enjoyable. Thus, having new design for more convenience is one of the impacts of living in a modern apartment.

Besides, in these days economical matters & loss of energy is the topic of the most conversations. Recent statistics have shown that the most loss of gas energy is taking place in old apartments. It is obvious that windows are one of the easiest way to loss the heat made by gas. So, if we can insulate windows, we can reduce loss of energy, furthermore the payment of the relevant bill. Therefore, reduction of energy loss could be considered as another advantage of a new apartment.

In the end, I would like to present the most important attribute of a new apartment which is safety and stability of it. I believe that we have to be certain about the stability and rigidity of our living place toward the earthquake. Nowadays, civil engineers are using more powerful beams in new apartments in order to make the structure more strength against earthquake. Hence, because of the above mentioned reason I choose the new one.

In conclusion, it is clear for us that sometimes old apartments are more convenient or particularly have more attractive interior than the new one. Due to the above mentioned reasons new disgn, economical and energy loss and strength of the whole structure I prefer to live in a modern apartment.
Malavika 2 / 4  
I am of the opinion that, new and modern apartments are good to live luxurious and comfortable life.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl Essay : Do you prefer to live in an old or a modern apartment?