IELTS - Popularity of convenience foods wouldn't replace traditional foods

golay 2 / 3  
Topic: Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

In many parts of the world, people currently have a variety of choices for what to eat. Among these options, convenience foods have become progressively more popular with customers. Hence, it is arguable that people will become to rely overwhelmingly on this type of food in the near future. From my perspective, this trend is not the mainstream.

Compared with traditional foods, convenience foods are indeed more available to people who have insufficient time to prepare meals. In a world of economic depression, people who suffer enormously from a stressful work tend to take convenience foods as an alternative due to lack of time to enjoy a real dinner. In addition, convenience foods are less costly than the food we used to eat or make traditionally.

Nevertheless, both traditional food and the way they are prepared are unlikely to extinct. In the one hand, the chef who is good at making traditional meals is still one of the most respectable and skilled professionals, earning a substantial amount of salary and being hunted by many famous restaurants. The reason behind this fact is, obviously, that people are still in favor of old-fashion food instead of a convenient one. On the other hand, cooking is not just for living, but a lifestyle. The enjoyment from preparing a delicious meal for someone you love or yourself is always of importance and beyond any material needs. From this point of view, convenience foods bring no fun at all.

In conclusion, convenience foods which get people more accessible to food in a busy society are somewhat a useful selection. However, it cannot make consumers quit traditional food and traditional methods of food preparation by no means, both from a physical and a mental point of view.

Any feedbacks or comments are appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Among these options, convenience foods have become progressively more popular with customers than traditional foods

From my perspective, this trend is not the mainstream.

It would be better to mention the reasons why you took this position (through several words). This part of the introduction is called "blueprint". For more information you can google "blueprint in the essay".

In the introduction you said you are not in agreement with the statement mentioned in the topic. But, this paragraph shows that you are supporting the statement. In an "agree or disagree" essay you should clearly state your opinion, either agree or disagree, and then you should only support you opinion through at least two paragraphs. If you disagree with the statement you should write the reasons why you disagree with it and support your ideas by examples, statistics, etc.
clarkmc 3 / 17  
@ ah_zafari if you don't mind, please proofread my essays. I would really appreciate it. I'm learning a lot from different comments.Big help for me really ....the more critics , the better.Thank you =)
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Maria : I edited one of your works, but I do not know what happened to it (it has been eliminated). I surprised !!!!!!
amitt - / 80  
Write "Convenience Foods" in google you will find loads of details

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Popularity of convenience foods wouldn't replace traditional foods