Many people watch television and movies on a daily basis. This can affect their behavior. How?

NourNour 22 / 39 7  
How do movies or television influence people's behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

Many people watch television and movies on a daily basis. This can affect their behavior. Television and movies have positive and negative impacts on people's behavior.

To begin with, television can instill good morals in people, especially children. People want to be like films heroes of the films they watch. Choosing the appropriate movie enables them to learn how to be courageous, patriotic and have a positive impact on the society. For example, watching Will Smith's movie "The Pursuit of Happyness" has taught me a lot about self motivation and courage.

On the other hand, television plays an important role in spreading hate and violence among children and adolescents. Action and horror movies, that contain a lot of scenes of blood, have a negative impact on the human subconscious. When people watch their favorite actors playing the roles of gangsters or bad people, they will try to be like them. For instance, my neighbor who is a fan of action movies likes violence and always hits his peers at school.

By a way of conclusion, movies and television have a great impact on people's behavior. They can implement good morals as they can spread violence and hate. Thus, People should be selective when they choose a TV programme or a movie to watch.
The discussion is strong. Your word choice is improving, although I would like to see more complex word usage and sentence structures in the future. Are you still writing under time constraint? It doesn't show anymore. I do believe you are getting used to writing under time pressure and will continue to improve at an even faster pace :-)

... Television and movies have BOTH positive and negative impacts on people's behavior. I BELIEVE THAT EXAMPLES OF THESE BEHAVIOR CAN EASILY BE SEEN IN PEOPLE THROUGH THEIR ACTIONS.

... to be like films heroes of IN the films they watch. ...

...Action and horror movies, that WHICH contain a lot of scenes of blood AND GORE, ... , they will UNCONSCIOUSLY try to be like them. For instance, my neighbor who is a fan of action movies likes violence and always hits his peers at school.

-Relate the discussion to bullying if you can.

By a way of conclusion, THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY i BELIEVE THAT movies and television... They can implement good morals JUST as they can spread violence and hate...

Home / Writing Feedback / Many people watch television and movies on a daily basis. This can affect their behavior. How?