Some people say the world would be a better place without private cars

ulviqulieff 1 / -  
This is an IELTS essay: Some people say the world would be a better place without private cars. Others think the world without private cars would be unbearable.

Unquestionably there are much more private cars now than there were a decade ago. It has been argued that if there are no cars in the world, life would be more agreeable, whereas some believe that private cars are very imperative in their life. I am going to discuss both views and express my own opinion.

Many people think that as more people use their cars, the traffic congestion is an immediate result. In peak times of the day, it takes hours for people to travel even a few kilometers mainly due to the heavy traffic caused by the increased number of private cars. There is also such a common belief that using private cars is conducive to some serious environmental and health related problems. The car release carbon dioxide into atmosphere by burning fossil fuels which can cause global warming and air pollution that affects people's health adversely. Instead of public transportation people tend to use their own cars even for short distance travels and this exacerbates the situation. Thus, the more people use private cars, the more problems occur.

However, those who claim that cars play an important role in people's daily life believe that the necessity of private cars in urgent cases is undisputable. For instance, if somebody is late for work, the private cars are the only way out. Another favorable aspect of private cars is that people feel totally at ease in their own cars.

All in all, despite some problems which come along with private cars, one could hardly cast doubt on the role of private cars in people's life. From my viewpoint, the world without private cars is unimaginable.

(276 words)
It has been argued that if there are no cars in the world, life would be more agreeablecomfortable. (stop here) whereas someHowever, there some people who believe that private cars are very imperativean essential part in their life.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
This is an IELTS essay:

When you deal with IELTS, the first thing the assessor sees is your layout, which shows whole of your essay. If the layout is difficult to read, which is let's say: no spaces between paragraphs, then he/she immediately knows your writing needs more work to read. Hence, I suggest you to leave one space every time you open a new paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people say the world would be a better place without private cars