People are never satisfied with what they have. They always want something different.

mushaithir 1 / -  
Do you agree with the following statement ? people are never satisfied with what they have. They always want something different. Use specific reason to support your answer.

Man is created by god with a thing called desire. What people have are never enough for them. People always want something else, a better job, a better car, another wife, and yet they will never satisfied. I would have to agree with the statement and I will give different reasons for supporting my opinion.

The desire, I mentioned above can destroyed human race itself. There are many examples to proof it, such as incident in Kalimantan, Riau or other province, forest burning that make a half of Indonesian people cannot life with clean air and plenty of them was died in that situation. This is happen because some people want to make the forest to be plantation of coconut to increase their money.

However, desire is not just making a bad thing but a good thing too. Technology such as computer, hand phone, plane, internet were found because people have desire to make a better world. Imagine, what if there are no people that have desire in this world, I believe this world would have a condition same as 20 centuries ago.

To sum up. People will never satisfied with what they have. This situation could bring bad or goodness to human race. It depends on how people can control their desire.
angelwu 2 / 2 1  
Man is created by god with a thing called desire. (better not to use "thing." Try rephrasing it) What people have are never enough for them. (People are never satisfied with what they have)People (They) always want something else, a better job, a better car, another wife, and yet they will never (be) satisfied. I would (will)have to agree with the statement and I will give different reasons for supporting my opinion. (I will agree with the statement and here are the reasons.) (For "the statement" It would be better if you mentioned it at the beginning, like "There is a saying that says blah blah blah")

The desire, I mentioned above (earlier) can destroyed (destroy) human race itself . There are many examples to proof it, such as (the) incident in Kalimantan, Riau or (and) other province(s), . forest burning that make a half of Indonesian people cannot life with clean air and plenty of them was died in that situation .(The burning of the forests killed half of Indonesian people by destroying the habitat.) This is happen(s) because some (there are some) people want to make the forest (in)to be plantation of coconut to increase (earn more) their money.

However, desire is not just making a bad thing but a good thing too. (desire is not always a bad thing, it could benefit the society as well.) Technology such as computer, hand phone, plane, internet were found because people have (the)desire to make a better world .(to improve the world into a better place) Imagine, what if there are no people that have desire in this world (nobody had desire), I believe this world would have a condition same as 20 centuries ago. (should mention what was it like 20 centuries ago. Why isn't it good to be like 20 centuries ago)

To (it) sum up. People will never satisfied (be satisfied) with what they have. This situation could bring bad or goodness (be bad and good) to human race. It depends on how people can control their desire.

It is good :) But it would be better if you could add some transitions :D
eegii0123 3 / 4  
The man is created by god with a thing called desire. What people have are never enough for them . People do not satisfy with what they have. People always want something else, a better job, a better car, another wife, and yet they will never satisfied. I would have to agree with the statement and I will give different reasons for supporting my opinion.

The desire, I mentioned above can destroyed human race itself. There are many examples to proof it, such as an incident in Kalimantan, Riau or an other province, forest burning that make a half of Indonesian people cannot lifelive with clean air and plenty of them washas died in that situation. This is happenhappens because some people want to make the forest to be plantation of coconut to increase their money.

However, desire is not just making a bad thing but a good thing too. Technology such as the computer, hand phonehandphone , plane, the internet werewas found because people have the desire to make a better world. Imagine, what if there are no people that have the desire in this world, I believe this world would have a condition same as 20 centuries ago.

To sum up. People will never satisfied with what they have. This situation could bring bad or goodness to the human race. It depends on how people can control their desire.

Good Essay. I think it's better to choose one side and develop that.
Adil, when writing an opinion statement, you cannot say that you support one side in your introduction and then say that there is something to be considered with the other side as well towards the end of your essay. This creates a confusion in terms of your opinion. So, in this case, rather than simply taking one side immediately, you should instead have said that you agree with both statements to certain degrees. Then explain why that is so within the essay. If you contradict your own statement in the essay then you can expect to get a not so good score on your essay test. Indecision is not a good trait to have when discussing an opinion essay.

That said, I will now address the grammar issues in your essay:

Man is was created by god with a thing sentiment called desire. What people have are will never be enough for them. People always want something else more, a better job, a better car, another wife, and yet they will never be satisfied. I would have to agree with the statement and I will give different reasons for supporting my opinion.

The desire, I mentioned above can destroyed the human race itself. There are many examples to proof prove it, such as the incident in Kalimantan, Riau or other province ,the forest burning that make made a half of the Indonesian people cannot life live with without clean air and plenty of them was died in that situation incident. This is happened because some people wanted to make the forest to be a coconut plantation of coconut to increase their money income.

However, desire is does not just making create a bad thing but a good thing too. Technology Technologies such as computer, hand phone, planes, and the internet were found developed because people have a desire to make a better world. Imagine, what if there are were no people that have with desire in this world, I believe this world would have a condition same as 20 centuries ago we would be stuck in the dark ages.

To sum up. People will never be satisfied with what they have. This situation could bring bad or goodness to the human race. It depends on how people can control their desire.

Home / Writing Feedback / People are never satisfied with what they have. They always want something different.