TOEFL - Parents (those who pay attention) are the best teachers. Agree or disagree?

abc1400 17 / 32  
Although parents are very sensitive about their children's education, they are not good teacher for them. Nowadays we live in a modern world, where many things are changing very fast such as sciences, human behaviors, and it is very hard to know about these changes. However, we learn a lot from our parents. They are not appropriate teacher.

First and foremost, parents not only do not have enough information about teaching, but also they need someone to help them how grow up their children. Being a good teacher needs a lot of prerequisites that most of parents do not have. For instance, they should have enough free time for spending with children in purpose of teaching or they should know about new ways and tools of education or they should be familiar with new educational materials.

Furthermore, parents do not have enough time to spend with their children. Nowadays we are facing a global economic crises and it is necessary for both parents to work, hence there is not enough time for them to teach their children. When I was a child both my mother and father worked in an office. They usually leaved home early in the morning and came back late in the evening. It was impossible for them to be a good teacher for me.

In addition, if parents want to be a teacher for they children, they usually transfer their positives and negatives behavior to them. They do this without any intention. After period of time, the children learn a lot of negative points from their parents but a professional teacher always aware of not to transfer their bad behavior to children.

In conclusion, parents who pay attention to their children future always should use teacher for their children. They give this change to their children to build up their skills in a good way with people who train for this.
crazchloe 1 / 1  
try to minimize a sentence into a word and i think you do not have a lot of supporting evidence to support your point because you do not have enough elaboration
jamliu0229 9 / 24  
Nowadays we live in a modern world, where many things are changing very fast such as sciences, human behaviors, and it is very hard to know about these changes. However, we learn a lot from our parents. They are not appropriate teacher.

I think there is no logic between these sentences.But I cannot find out how to modify it.

Nowadays we live in a modern world, where many things are changing very fast such as sciences, human behaviors, and it is very hard to know about these changes. We have learnt a lot from our parents at an early age,however,they are not appropriate teacher in modern high-speed development circumstance.

I hope it can help you.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL - Parents (those who pay attention) are the best teachers. Agree or disagree?