[TOEFL]Parents are the best teachers? Yes, they know their children better

yin 12 / 38  
Dear my friends,
Plz help me to correct any mistakes.
I very appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.^__^
yin.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Parents are the best teachers.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

No one can deny the importance of education in the development of a person. There are many factors that affect the process perfecting personalities of a child, one of which is the role of his parents. Somebody has said that "Parents are the best teachers". To my point of view, I agree with this statement for two following reasons.

First, parents are very first people that have connection with their children. Many statistics have proved that children who enjoy their parents' affection are more intelligent and creative than those lacking parents' caress and emotion. What parents do silently but strongly influent their children's behaviors and habits. In my case, my parents have tendency to live peacefully with everybody. Therefore, my sister and I also tend to get along well with other people. In other words, we don't like to live in a competitive environment with other people. In brief, because parents have a significant effect on their children, children are happy if they have good parents, who are regarded as the first and the best teachers.

Second, children often obey their parents rather than their teachers at school. Because they spend two third of their time staying together with their parents, they tend to consider what their parents say always the truth. That is also the reason why there are customs and culture of family which hard to do differently. Although children may have many chance to have relationships with their teachers and their peers, it is not enough to fight against what they have been affected by their family, especially their parents. We are now familiar with the scenario that some violent parents who lose their control go to their children's school to make complaints about the teacher under the observation of many children. We sadly wonder where the true value of teachers is nowadays. That is only the negative side of an issue. There is no doubt that if children have good parents, this will be the luckiest gift that God gave him.

In conclusion, people may have another option whether to agree or disagree with the idea that "parents are the best teachers". To my point of view, I absolutely agree with this opinion because I believe that the time the children stay with their parents and the closest relationship between them are the most important factors that is not easily to possess strongly influent the development in children's personalities. In other words, parents play the most important role in educating children.
This is not really a mistake, but I'll just make a suggestion: From my point of view, I agree with this statement for the two following reasons.

Because they spend two thirds of their time staying together with their parents, they tend to consider what their parents say as the truth.

There is no doubt that if children have good parents, this will be the luckiest gift that God gave them .

Your English is excellent! I can tell you worked hard to learn verb tense and the right way to structure sentences. Keep reading a lot, because you must have a talent for language!

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL]Parents are the best teachers? Yes, they know their children better