ESSAY: IN ORDER TO DEVELOP THE ECONOMY, WE CAN IGNORE THE ENVIRONMENT ISSUES.

headshot0313 7 / 15 1  
ANY IDEA IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
As environmental problems become increasingly severe in recent years, debates have been raised among those who assert that humans should take effort to protect our earth and slow the economics, and those who still think that humans should make progress in economics regardless of the environment issue. Personally, I would prefer the former idea, considering the purpose and the bases of the economic growth, and its relationship with environmental protection.

Definitely, the purpose of economy development is to improve the quality of life; we look beautiful for we have used the high-tech beauty cares, we eat healthier for we can buy those nutritious stuffs from the supermarket, we enjoy the fresh air in New Island for we earn more and can afford the expensive plane ticket. However, if humans pay too much attention to develop the economy and neglect our precious environment, they would finally find that no matter how many beauty cares women have used, their dirty faces cannot be disguised, the food is no longer nutritious, but full of chemical residual, and the ticket is of no sense any more, for the PM2.5 in New Island is far exceeds the standard. These awful results tell us that, if humans want to improve their life quality, environmental issues should not be ignored.

In addition, the development of economy to a large degree depends on the natural resources, if nature is hurt by humans' ignorance, she would give humans a critical strike in return. Flush with cash, people in mid-east live a luxurious and fulfilling life. Nevertheless, if they only care about how to exchange the native oil with others and earn money rather than choose a way of sustainable development, there must be someday that they find the oil is exhausted, and nothing could sustain their previous life any more. Thus, nature is our solid foundation of economy development, if the basic issue is neglected, people would face the collapsed economy someday.

Does it mean that it is not important to develop the economy? Of course the answer will be no. If humans concentrate too much on the environment, economy would be stuck. As we all know economical foundation determines the superstructure, that without money, our dreams would be very difficult to be realized. Now people have find the balance between economy and environment, and we can find the answers from the terms like cleaner production, recycle economy, and ecological agriculture.

In sum, if humans neglect the importance of environmental protection, they hardly can acquire a better life, they would probably damage their base of development, and they would lose the chance to receive a considerable and meaningful development. Therefore, environmental protection should not be neglected.
christyzhongs 7 / 21 1  
May I know if it's an IELTS Essay? If yes, it seems too long.
OP headshot0313 7 / 15 1  
It is a TOEFL essay, anyone can help me ~~

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY: IN ORDER TO DEVELOP THE ECONOMY, WE CAN IGNORE THE ENVIRONMENT ISSUES.