IELTS ESSAY - 'News editors should broadcast & print a mixture'

Jiya 6 / 18  
slam everyone! I've written new essay n eagerly waiting for your corrections!

Topic:News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

Essay

What to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers, good news or bad news, all is decided by news editors.

It is said that "no news is good news". There are two types of news; good news & bad news.Television & newspapers are the resources of current information. All the news depends on the circumstances of the country. News editors are just playing their role. They are not a story teller who can make any news good or bad.They are just informer or presenter who keep the citizens up-to-date through those news which they collect from the real events. But occasionally some facts influence these decisions like; the strong Politicians, Political parties & government who can pressurize them to hide the reality from the citizens by hook or by crook. If there is dictatorship in the country, then obviously news editors will follow the dictator. But if there is democracy, then media will be free.

Mostly news are related to the law agencies, their do's & don'ts, government authorities, their policies, political parties, current affairs, sports, traffic & violent citizens etc. And all these things to keep in order is the responsibility of government & judiciary who are the most important pillars of the country & who runs it.

Now question is that are we used to bad news? & is it better to be reported good news mostly? And the answer is that after receiving bad news on the trot, we become immune, then news lost its charm. people avoid to heard or read those type of news & mostly spend their time on other activities. It can also make the citizens hopeless. Similarly, it is not better to be reported good news all the time because it can give people wrong impression. It may happen that the news editors will be blamed that they are playing a foul game.

In short, excess of everything is bad. News editors should broadcast & print a mixture of good and bad news. They should be broad minded not narrow minded. They shouldn't present bad news in a negative way. They should spread the optimism not the pessimism through television or newspapers among the citizens.

(Thanks)
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Television & newspapers arethecommon resources of current information.

All the news depends on the circumstances of the country.
This statement is too vague, be more specific.

News editors are just playing their role.
You need to be clear about the difference between "editor" and "reporter" because in the following sentences you blur the two together. The editors are the ones who have decided what to report and have written the story. The reporters just transfers information to the public. Both editors and reporters are journalists.

But occasionally some facts influence these decisions like; the strong Politicians, Political parties & government who can pressurize them to hide the reality from the citizens by hook or by crook. If there is dictatorship in the country, then obviously news editors will follow the dictator. But if there is democracy, then media will be free.

Try to be very clear and direct with what you say here. ewThis is an important point, it is more than occasional that the media tells people what the government wants them to hear. Almost all mass media is controlled, and the USA is a democracy where this media control is very common.

You have some good reasons to support your argument, but you need to organize them better, in order to answer the question. This statement sounds like a lot of rambling. Be more specific> you are trying to write WHY and WHAT influences the editors-- focus on that, its the main point of your paper.
OP Jiya 6 / 18  
Thanks a lot Jennifer! I really like your suggestions & i'l try my best to follow this. Hope u will help me again on my next essay! Actually, my IELTS exam is on 12 of May & I've a very short time and I have to spend just 40 minutes on this task so because of time pressure I got confused & couldn't organize my ideas. Hope with your help, may I improve my writing skill. Thanks again.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS ESSAY - 'News editors should broadcast & print a mixture'