'The Nepal Human Development' - the area of global concern essay

pawan457 2 / 6  
Describe the area of global concern in your area and how does education at XXX university combat this problem???????

Nepal, the developing country of south Asia suffers from the various problems that seem oblivious in other countries. Human trafficking in Nepal is a serious concern. Nepal is mainly a source country for men, women and children subjected to forced labor and sex trafficking. Nepali victims are trafficked within Nepal, to India, the Middle East, and other areas such as Malaysia and forced to become prostitutes, domestic servants, beggars, factory workers, mine workers, circus performers, child soldiers, and others. Sex trafficking is particularly rampant within Nepal and to India, with as many as 5,000-10,000 women and girls trafficked to India alone each year.

The majority of trafficking victims are women and girls, who are especially vulnerable due to limited economic opportunities, illiteracy or low education, and low socioeconomic and cultural status. Victims come from all areas of Nepal, but most targeted are those in traditionally disadvantaged, marginalized groups such as the Dalit caste (untouchables), ethnic minorities and indigenous peoples. However; victimization is spreading to advantaged groups and upper caste women as well.

The Nepal Human Development Report estimates approximately 20% who are trafficked to India and other countries in Asia are under the age of 16. Most victims are lured with promises of better jobs in areas such as India, Dubai, or Saudi Arabia; other tactics include false marriages and proposals, force, and approaching indebted families to sell their daughters to pay their debts, sometimes under the guise of a dowry for a marriage. In the places of enslavement, victims are often imprisoned, followed with guards, routinely sexually and physically abused across different types of trafficking. Victims receive little or no pay for their work, work in dangerous conditions for extremely long periods of time, and are threatened physically and psychologically. Victims sometimes get away from their captivity through escape, rescue by police raids, or release by their captors when deemed too old to be profitable.

Since, most of the people are victimized because of poverty, illiteracy and lack of employment opportunities. I believe that education plays most important role in combating this problem. I believe that education in xxx inspires me to contribute to end these problems. Taking courses in Asian studies and women studies at xxx provides me direction to end these problems. With the help of highly qualified professors I could develop a self-confidence and leadership and go to the rural area to educate them about the problem.

At xxx, I would be able to explore different subjects as per my choice and discover my potential on those fields. Studying social work and Asian and studies could provide me with the direction to solve the problems in my country. Being the member of different clubs and discussing the problem of my country I could come up with the ideas which significantly contribute to control human trafficking. At xxx students are provided with the opportunity to volunteer, to teach children and participate on the service opportunities. I believe that xxx would be a great platform for me to devote myself to social service.

Taking part in different ongoing projects at XXX such as LED Lamp Experiments, Biomass, and compositing gives me substantial knowledge about them. I could teach the people of my country about such projects and help them to become economically independent which ultimately contributes in decreasing human trafficking.

Through the programs such as human right awareness week in XXX I could know more about the human right and can share that knowledge with the people of my country which eventually helps to prevent human trafficking. I found that XXX focuses on writing skills. Developing writing skills at XXX, I could make people aware about trafficking through my articles. As literature is one of factor which influences people XXX education will always help combat the problems of my country in different ways.

I find XXX not only the suitable but a perfect institution where I can accomplish my ambitions and finally help to contribute to eradicate the global problem of my country and discover myself a social worker.
luying9682 6 / 35 6  
Hello pawan457
you chose a great topic and wrote a great essay!
Everything is fine--except that this is too long. Maybe you can cut off the Nepal problem part. Describe the major problem concisely and focus more on "how does education at XXX university combat this problem?". However, I think you did pretty good in the latter, so just make the description shorter. :D

P.S. Thank you for your help in my essay! You mentioned that I should talk about what I value in the person. Actually I did that at the end of each paragraph, do you think that is not enough and I should talk more on that? I really appreciate your suggestion!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'The Nepal Human Development' - the area of global concern essay