Negative Stereotype and its effect on our life

marwa2015 2 / 1  
Negative Stereotype
Life is a symphony composed of three distinct movements, a lot of people, a few people, and almost no one; each of them is affected by stereotypes. Stereotypes may be defined as popular beliefs about specific social groups or types of individuals and are broadly standardized or simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions.* , stereotypes present an incomplete, subjective and sometimes false image of the reality. They are often based on tradition and are resistant to change.Although they can have positive and negative effect; the last is much more common and easily spread throughout social institutions, such as mass media, that are using stereotypes, basing on the assumption, that they are well known to everyone and help the receivers to understand the content of the message. Stereotypes have a negative effect when it published throughout the mass media such as gender stereotype or violence stereotype and other.

First, gender stereotype; the Differentiating gender roles in the modern societies can be a perfect example of the negative social effects of using stereotypes in mass media. Nowadays the differences between male and female roles are smaller, however mass media still perpetuates traditional gender stereotypes so still seen in series how is the man have been considered to be financial providers, assertive and independent, whereas women have been shown as low-position workers, responsible for raising children and doing housework for example: Housewives Series The wives in the program are always dressed to the nines and made up heavily, adorned in expensive jewels and sporting designer shoes. This makes them seem almost as if they are dolls or toys; property that their husbands dress up. The producers make it very clear that the women do not hold jobs of their own and it is heavily implied that the support of their husbands is what allows them to live such a high lifestyle. Moreover, due to stereotypes great influence (especially through mass media) on people's attitudes, they can describe certain social groups in negative and unrealistic manner. Not only women suffer from gender stereotyping but men also; mass media create images about what man can be and what should be doing!?they affect women's expectations of men in relationships and men's expectation's of other men in work settings. Also mass media, help to shape men's own views about how they should act and how successful they are as men. for example meet the parent movie when Greg (Bin Stiller) act the role of a young guy work as a nurse full in love with Pam and go with her to meet her father Jack( Robert De Niro );jack take a dislike to Greg and openly criticized him for his choice of career as a male nurse and still all the time making jokes on his work because he think this a job for woman only .from this and other examples can see the effect of mass media in publishing negative gender stereotype.

In these days most negative stereotype come as a result of direct or indirect aggression, it happen through the spreading of negative properties on the victim and often the media confirm on these properties and overdoing it. The stereotypes that design and made by the media for people, culture and sometimes nations, it is a manifestation of injustice in the world, threaten to make an explosion of conflicts and that are increases the attack on the victims of negative stereotypes. The influence of violence, as reported in the media, might not have immediate results, but accumulated over a period of time .the people can get the impression that if violence is so common in the media and happens so easily, finally everyone can cross the ethical line and violence becomes regular in life ,for example the spared of terrorist ideology like the appearing of ISIS and how they affect on the young mind's and making them as a machine -gun to death they are spreading idea through media and benefit from the negative violence stereotype used from mass media as basic to reach the victims' like this story of a singer girl from west 23 year old wrapped in hip hop dream of becoming a big star;after her sudden conversion to Islam, she start to dress all in black and escaped to Iraq to join to ISIS .These case and more other is an example how can be the effect of negative violence stereotypes through mass media and how may develop to harmful behavior.

Stereotyping create many different problems when it spreading throughout mass media since it is affecting people thoughts and believes and without stereotyping a lot of truths will be appeared and learned ;Also a gender and violence stereotyping it is dangerous to societies when it spread through mass media .so, The media should be used under the control of laws and rule to regulate it and prevent the mass media from bad use of a stereotype.
Dawn01 19 / 33  
Hi, Marwa !!!

Here I make some suggestions:

1. Please write the question completely so that readers enable providing meaningful feedback for your writing. We have no idea about the topic so all my help will focus on language use.

2.Your essay is too short and may not fit the word limit, whether it's an SAT, TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, Common Application essays or other type of essays.

3.As for grammar, style and spelling:

Negative Stereotype
- I guess there's no positive stereotypes because all stereotypes are ugly and destructive, so the adjective "negative" is irreverant.

-* , sS tereotypes present...

- ...stereotypes, basinged on the assumption, that ...

-...property that their husbands dress upown, control and manipulate .

-..;jJ ack take a...

-The stereotypes that designed and made by the media for people, culture and sometimes nations masses, it is a manifestation of injustice in the world,. Theythreaten to make an explosionare a fertile soiloffor conflicts.and that are increases the attack on the victims of negative stereotypes .

-...theP eople can get...

-... finally then everyone can cross the ethical line break the bounderies and violence becomes regular in lifeand violate the terms of social conduct.

-F or example the spared of terrorist ideology like the appearing ofmanifested on ISIS extremismand how they affect on the young mind's and turn them as a machine -gun to death into brainwashed creatures. they are spreading idea through media and benefit from the negative violence stereotype used from mass media as basic to reach the victims' like this . I can bitterly recall story of a singer girl from west 23 year old wrapped in hip hop dream of becoming a big star. A fter her sudden conversion to Islam, she start to dress all in black and escaped to Iraq to join to ISIS.

(Now you're also using stereotypes, converting to Islam doensn't mean you will be necessairly terrorist. If you have to deal with this controversial facts you have to take them with a pinch of salt)

These case and more other isare an example on how harmful can be the effect of negative violence stereotypes through mass media and how may develop to harmful behavior.

Stereotyping create many different problems when it spreadsing throughout mass media since it is affectingaffects people's thoughts and believes and wW ithout stereotyping a lot of truths will be appeared and learnedunveiled;Also a .G ender and violence stereotyping it is are dangerous to societies when it spread through mass media .S o, t he media should be used under the control of laws and rules to regulate it and to prevent the mass media from harmful use of a stereotype.

****(Avoid bad and good in academic writting)

The essay is good. In spite of punctuation , structure and capitalization errors. The ideas well-structured but you need to put more emphasis on paragraphing and I will help you with that if give me the whole prompt.

Good Luck !!
OP marwa2015 2 / 1  
Thank you for helping.
They want from us to write a cause and effect essay in stereotypes
No word limit it is free
If you can I want your opinion in the conclusion and I will be thankful if you can help me

Home / Writing Feedback / Negative Stereotype and its effect on our life