Nature and nurture both have influences on early human development

kinging123 1 / -  
Nurture strongly influences early human development
In the human development history, there did have existed a lot of theories which discuss how the nature or nurture factors have influenced the human development. Not only in the past, but nowadays, many people as well as countries also debate which factor has more impact on humans. In laymen's term, while nature means nature processes and some inheriting characteristics which can not be changed. Nurture means processes caused by surroundings and some characteristics which can be changed by outer environment. So in this essay, I will talk about the degree of nature and nurture influence on early human development.

Most obviously, early development is determined by nature. People's gender, the complexion, eyes and hairs' hue and general physiques all decided by human genes and growing cells, they decide human born as a person not a fish. All infants have abilities of seeing, smelling, hearing and tasting after born. For example, infants can tell differences tastes. They will show different responses when they taste different tastes, newborns prefer sweet taste, when they taste sour they will purse their lips and noses, bitter can make newborns open their mouths and stick out their tongues. Moreover, the fetus develops within the mother's body according to a fairly fixed time schedule, this is decided by genes.

While nature factors influence early human development, the nurture ones also have a lot to do with the development. They are as follows: First, as for motor behavior, all the children go through the same train of motor behavior in the same step. Rolling over, sitting without support, standing while holding on to furniture, crawling, and then walking. But children go through these in different rates. For example, according to Zelazo and Kolb's research, if a baby is held in an upright position with his/her feet touching a solid surface, his/her legs will make stepping movements that are similar to walking. The child who is asked to do this can grasp walking earlier than others. Secondly, the development of speaking also proves the nurture environment influence in the children's growth. Though all human beings learn to talk, children reared in an environment in which people talk to them and reward them for making speech like sounds talk earlier than children who do not receive this attention. Let's take some real cases in Kagan's research as an example. A child who was reared in middle-class American homes begins to speak at about one year of age. But the other one, who was brought up in San Marcos, had little verbal interaction with adults and does not utter his first words until he is two years old.

In conclusion, nature and nurture both have influences on early human development. Nature decides human's dispositions and nurture can change these personalities. Nature gives human born abilities and nurture help human to develop the abilities. Nature gives innate attributes to human and people are almost the same when they are born. Then nurture makes the innate attributes change and result in people having different lives. So nurture strongly influences early human development.
sharmajali 5 / 14 1  
I am little confused here, i think they want to discuss about the effect of nature (environment) on human development rather than personality.

Other than that its well written, good examples are given.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nature and nurture both have influences on early human development