Mother Teresa; Essay on Role Model

carolyn 2 / 7 1  
Mother Teresa was an incredible individual that showed the world many things about religion, love
and compassion for mankind. She gave in service to the lord, glorifying God in her life and in her
career taking care of the less unfortunate. To understand Mother Teresa's worldview, a person would
have to look at her beliefs in God, the social issues she addressed to her country, and her dedication in
helping the poor and the terminally ill.
God was incorporated into Mother Teresa's life at a very young age; she came from a strong family
background of the Catholic faith. Her relationship with God dominated her life. At one point in her life
she thought that the only way to have a relationship with God was to join a monastery and be closed off
from the world. She became very disciplined in seeking God, and everything she did in her life revolved
around God.
She found prayer to be essential in her life and spent many hours in prayer communicating
with God. There are accounts where she did withhold from prayer due to the fact she thought her sins
were too great and she felt afraid to pray. She always repented for her sins by going to confession and
felt she was unworthy of God, and in her later years she felt cut off from him. She struggled deeply with
her faith during those times, yet remained faithful to God.
Her concept of God and mine differ in the fact that she had more knowledge of his teachings and
incorporated his teachings for a longer period of time, where as I am just discovering who God is and
what he stands for and my Christian worldview is still evolving. I lack the knowledge of God and I am just
now seeking him in my life. Mother Teresa's view of developing a relationship with God and mine
contrast. I do not feel ones need to be cut off from society to have God in my life, although I do agree
with her on the importance of incorporating prayer and repenting sin. I find prayer to be a very
important aspect of having an intimate relationship with God. I believe Mother Teresa is a great
advocate for seeking God, and following his teachings. I have great respect for her discipline (Allison,
Martin, Peers, Teresa, 2007).
Mother Teresa brought great awareness not only to the people but to many countries on the
concerns with the poor and terminally ill. Some thought she brought great shame to her country in
exposing the conditions of the poor. She brought the equation of love and compassion to the world,
causing people to take a closer look at themselves and how they treat one another. I believe her faith in
God gave her the courage to bring such awareness, during those very difficult times. She is an incredible
role model to follow in helping others and her strong beliefs in God. By her actions alone, people started
to reach out and help the needy who were in distress instead of ignoring the problems they faced
(Fox, Martin, 1994, 2007).
In working with the ill, Mother Teresa had very high standards. She thought one should live as the
poor to be able to assist them more efficiently; this way the people who aided the poor would be on
equal terms. She was very stern with her practices and with the nuns who assisted her. The nuns, who
assisted Mother Teresa with the poor and ill, had no medical background, they served the ill with love
and compassion. They did simple services such as the changing of bandages, giving food and aided with
prayer. Many people came to her while they were in dire need, when other hospitals turned them
away. Occasionally, a doctor would call in to see if they could help, but most of the care given was love
and compassion. The remarkable thing is that many people did get better and were able to leave. My
view contrasts with hers in the fact that I do not feel ones need to live like the poor to understand them
or work with them (Fox 1994).
Mother Teresa's worldview and my own worldview contrast on some issues but the discrepancies
are small if you look at the broader picture. I admire her for her belief in God and working with the poor.
She brought great awareness to many people about God, the poor, and many social issues. Some people
say she was a saint, some say she was a celebrity and then some say she did things for her own benefit. I
find Mother Teresa to be a very interesting individual and people could learn many things from her. She
has set a great example to many people on the issues of God, and prayer and reaching outside one's self
to help others. She was so giving in nature, and sought no praise for herself in her workings; the only
thing she wanted was for God to love her. She was completely dedicated to God, and everything she
did was to bring glory to him.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
She found prayerto be essential in her life and spent many hours in prayer communicating with God.

as .. this is just better. yours is also correct

I do not feel ones need to be cut off from society to have God in my life, although I do agree with her on the importance of incorporating prayer and repenting sin.

their...

By her actions alone, people started to reach out and help the needy who were in distress instead of ignoring the problems they faced

are ... maybe i am wrong but this replacement seems better.

She was completely dedicated to God, and everything she did was to bring glory to him.

with ...

your essay was reasonably good.focus on some petty mistakes and try better to be a bit precise. that rather depends on the requirment of the prompt for which you are writing the essay. BEST OF LUCK!
quote=carolyn]Mother Teresa was an incredible individual thatwho showed the world many things about religion, love and compassion for mankind.
Mother Teresa was an incredible personality who provided the world with many valuable insights about purpose of religion, love and compassion towards mankind.

To understand Mother Teresa'sworldview, a person would have to look at her beliefs in God, the social issues she addressed to her country, and her dedication in helping the poor and the terminally ill.

... why do you use the word "worldview"? I feel her view was more about humanity and life of people. The word "world" , in my view, has a sense of politics. Just give some thought about this!

Home / Writing Feedback / Mother Teresa; Essay on Role Model