Mass media have been influencing our daily lives from various aspects

Shrek 2 / 6  
Q: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information.
comics
books
adio
television
film
theatre
State which you consider to be the most effective. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples for you own knowledge or experience.

Answer:
In modern age with the information explosion, mass media such as books, radio, television, films and theater have been influencing our daily lives from various aspects. In this essay, I will discuss the pros and cons of the first three of them, and give the arguments about the one bringing the most effective in my opinion.

In general, reading books is the primary choice when we want to know something, especially, for students and the intelligent. The most complete, systematic and plentiful knowledge is likely to be contributed by piles of papers filled with living words, pictures and numbers. Moreover, it benefits to review the materials over and over for the readers. While, amounts of the products of wood comsume mountains of trees and need sufficient space to save them.

As one kind of wireless broadcasting system, radio presents the auditory information, which makes a lot of people could hear the fair sounds at the same time. Beautiful music, attractive stories and interesting news carried by the electric wave evolve our lives into be more cheerful. But it is very pitiful that when listening to the program, we only could image the scenes hapening

in the earphones.
Fortunately, the hi-tech devices capable of generating visual and auditory signals occupy the vacancy of our requirements for the colorful pictures, the living shows and the latest news. With the increasing popularity of television, the world seems to be smaller, the distance between remote areas seems to be decreased and the understanding of strange people seems to be promoted. Nevertheless, spending long time in front of the scream would be at a relative higher risk to damage our healthy and increase the possibilty to have an addiction for watching television.

In conclusion, personally, although there are varieties of advantages and disadvantages for the three communicating ways, I tend to consider that television gives the most effective to our lives. For example, for almost all the households with this magic device, the main amusement after supper is to enjoy the programs shown in that "box".
starwish 5 / 9  
well, i think you need to focus on the word "effective", you just mentioned the positive and negative aspects of each medium, but i find none of them effective in your description. i don't think books are effective cause it takes ages for a writer to write a book, and the readers also need to wait for the book to be published, the radio is effective, cause you can receive the programs about the things happened around the world immediately, and radios are small, they are easy to carry, the news in the TV programs are also very up-to-date, but tv sets are too big to carry, which makes it less effective
Moreover, it benefits us to review the materials over and over for the readers.

...comsume---typo

typo--hapening

typo--possibilty

... I tend to consider television to be most effective form of media in our lives.

Looking good!! Use a spell checker to avoid little errors.
:-)
OP Shrek 2 / 6  
Dear EF Kevin
thank you very very ... much!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Mass media have been influencing our daily lives from various aspects