living in a house compared with in an apartment; 'scarce land resources'

iishine 4 / 6  
please revise my ielts essay and give me your advise, I really need it to improve my writing skill. thank you very much!

Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in a apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with in an apartment?

In major cities, people can choose the types of accommodation depends on their own conditions and favorites. Some people prefer to living in a house, while others like apartments more than houses.

There are numerous advantages of living in an apartment, so many people think it is a good choice for accommodation. Firstly, apartments make some individuals live a simple life. For instance, people who live in an apartment do not take care to clean the staircase and yard, and there is no need to trim the lawn as well. Secondly, as we all know, apartments are more secure than houses. There are alarms and 24-hours video surveillance in apartments, and people who go on vacation just have one key and lock to take care. Finally, living in an apartment can afford people a sense of community. For me, I am living in a multistory apartment and always communicate with my neighbors about work, cooking and current affairs. Usually, I take part in recreational activities organized by our community and share other inhabitants with the joy of interaction.

Granted, living in a house also has several merits. For example, the house can offer people much more spacious room and give them a sense of possession. For children, they have better opportunities to go outside to enjoy the natural sunshine and fresh air. Most importantly, people who live in houses can enjoy the peaceful circumstance and would not be disturbed by conflicts between them and their neighbors.

In conclusion, I must say both options can be good or bad, depending on people's own considerations. But for myself, I assert that the apartment is a better choice for me, especially nowadays the land resources are scarce and the increasing number of world people.
Nnadozie 3 / 6  
IN MAJOR COUNTRIES, PEOPLE CAN CHOOSE THE TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION 'DEPENDING' ON THEIR CONDITIONS AND FAVORITES....

especially nowadays 'that' land resources are scarce and the increasing number of world people.
The work you all did here is excellent. I am happy to see you setting good examples for the other writers. Kim made a lot of corrections to improve this, but most of the time they are not really errors... just places that could be improved.

Here is one more correction:
Most importantly, people who live in houses can enjoy the peaceful circumstance and are not disturbed by conflicts between them and their neighbors.

Your English is almost perfect!

Home / Writing Feedback / living in a house compared with in an apartment; 'scarce land resources'