Toefl - Language plays a significant role in our lives

sayes 8 / 12 1  
Do you agree or disagree with following statement?children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school.

Language plays a significant role in our lives. Different jobs and places require people to speak multiple languages .Some people believe that children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Others disagree. In my view, schools shouldn't hurry to teach foreign language to students in their junior classes for several reasons.

One of the important reason is childrens are not mature enough to make right decision about the correct languages they wan't to learn. They have not experienced the real world .So,they wont be able to choose the best language if they are given opportunity to learn new language.They may end up wasting time on learning language which isn't necessary for them. For example, when I was in fifth grade in the school of my hometown, we had to take foreign language class. I didn't have any idea about the importance of languages.I decidede to learn French language .As I graduated from university and I found that it would have been better if I had taken Spanish class during my school days.

Most of the job had a requirement of a Spanish language.I had tough time searching the job for me.This experience taught me that children may not take good decision about languages they want to speak.

The second reason is that learning new language in school may not be effective. Speaking multiple language requires practice on daily basis. The teachers who takes language class may not be native speaker and so students won't be able to learn fast and in accurate way. For instance,in my work I have a Indian friend who deals with Japanese client. He speaks Japanese very fluently as a native people .He told me that he was interested to speak Japanese and applied for various job position in Japan after graduation. He got a good job and worked in Japan for 2 years where he learned new language from Japanes people.This example clearly shows that learning language will be good only if we get to learn in appropriate places.

In sum,schools shouldn't allow the childrens to learn foreign language in their younger ages. Not only children don't have understanding about the importance of languages they wanted to learn but they also may not get chance to learn from correct source. We all should learn different languages to have better lives only from the perfect source .
sntinn 8 / 36 9  
sayes,
please, let me help you improve some parts of your essay.

1

Different jobs and places require people to speak multiple languages .

This sentence is grammatically correct; I would like to suggest an alternative way to write this sentence.
Knowing foreign languages, one do his job effectively as he can communicate with people from different countries.

2

when I was in fifth grade in the school of my hometown, we had to take foreign language class. I didn't have any idea about the importance of languages.I decidede to learn French language.

I would like to suggest the following sentence as the alternative way to tell people about the obligation of students in your school.
The fifth grade students in my school have to take a foreign language class. I didn't have any idea about the importance of languages.I decided to take French language .

3

AsAfter I graduated from university and I found that it would have been better if I had takenlearned Spanish classinstead of French during my school days.

Having mulit linguistic skills helps a person stand out at job candidacy.

In my view, schools shouldn't hurryrush to teach foreign languages to students in their junior classes for several reasons.

One of the important reason is childrens are not mature enough to make right decision about the correct languages they wan't to learn.

"children" is a plural word and there is no word "childrens"
child - singular / children - plural
One of the important reasons is that children lack maturity to choose the most appropriate language that they should learn.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
I read the third paragraph. You write very good. However, I try to have some edits as to how the (positive) idea could be improved.

The second reason is that learning new language in school may not be effective. Speaking multiple language requires practice on daily basis. The teachers who takes language class may not be native speaker and so students won't be able to learn fast and in accurate way.

The idea of learning a new language in school will not be effective unless teachers and students both practice speaking the language of their own volition. Although teachers are non-native speakers, they should be able to communicate effectively to students. This makes students able to learn fast and accurately

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl - Language plays a significant role in our lives