Ielts: invite letter: for Tom - coming for a visit in Beijing

Mattgang 3 / 4  
You have an English-speaking friend who lives in another country. His son has a short vacation before going to college. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,

1. Invite your friend's son to come to your city,
2. Introduce some interesting places to visit
3. Say something about the weather in the city you live
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Robert,
I am so pleased to receive your letter after quite a long time and I am happy to learn that your son will have a short vacation a week later.

I am here to invite your son, Tom to come to my country for a visit.
As you know I am living in Beijing so that there are many attractions and places that Tom can visit. First of all, there is a place called "Middle Street" where you he can eat a lot of our traditional food and snacks like Peiking Duct. Secondly, as my hometown is located in the centre of china, the temperature is relatively mild compared with other cities, and more importantly, there is no extreme weathers like cyclone in your city.

Finally, I can guarantee that Tom will have a great time here and of course my family will prepare a meal of welcome on his arrival.

I look forward to receiving your reply.
Best Regards,
Your friend Matt.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
Hi guys i don't know bold sentences make sense or not Thank you guys very much for any help.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
As you know I am living in Beijing so thatwhere there are many attractions and places that Tom can visit.
First of all, there is a place called "Middle Street" where you he can eat a lot of our traditional foods and snacks like Peiking Duct.[/quote]

Secondly, assinc e my hometown is located in the centre of china, the temperature is relatively mild compared with other cities, and more importantly, there is no extreme weathers like cyclone in y our city.

I am looking forward to receiving your reply.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
For the next letters, try to construct the paragraphs into:
Para 1: Opening
Para 2: Invite your friend's son to come to your city
Para 3: Introduce some interesting places to visit
Para 4: Say something about the weather in the city you live
Para 5: Closing
First, a small admin request - Open all your IELTS threads in Writing Feedback forum which is the most appropriate forum for IELTS tasks :)

Dear Mr. Robert,

You are asked to write to a friend and therefore this letter comes under informal category. Here's some notes on that;

Formal;
To someone you have not met, whose name you don't know ; Opening Dear Sir / Madam ; Ending Yours faithfully
Semi-formal
To someone you may or may not have met, whose last name you know & use; OpeningDear Mr Brown,Dear Ms Stone; EndingYours sincerely
Informal
To someone you know well, whose first name you know and use; Opening Dear John/Dear Anita; Ending Best regards/Warm wishes

I am so pleased to learn that your son would be taking the gap year in a foreign country, which I believe is a great opportunity for him to build up his network. I wish to invite your son to visit my country too which is not very far away form the country that he is going to visit

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts: invite letter: for Tom - coming for a visit in Beijing