[TOEFL] Internet provides a lot of information and it is positive

joao_carlos 1 / 1  
Some people say that the internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

I believe that internet provides a lot of information and it is positive. In my opinion internet makes easier to people know about a lot of thing faster and in the most cases for free. On the other hand, getting information on internet sometimes cannot be 100% accurate.

First, before internet was invented people search information on books. To clarify, books are a very good way to get information but it takes more time to get ones questions solved. Differ from the internet, which has some famous websites, such as, Google and Yahoo, where we can find an answer for almost everything. For example, my father studied medicine thirty years ago and at this time internet had not been invented. So, he studied with books, and he says he had read hundreds of books during his college to get his doubts clarified. He says that after internet was invented to study medicine or other subjects were much easier because it is easier to find information on internet than in books. This example clearly shows that internet make search easier and cheaper.

Second, at the same time that this famous websites make search easier, one cannot trust 100% on it. In other words, anyone can post everything and in some cases the information is not correct. For instance, another famous websites is called "wikepedia", the information which is posted on this website is provided by normal people while the information on books is provided by specialized authors. So, everybody need to take care when they search things online for papers and homeworks. In addition, everybody need to be in mind that when we search on internet we need to know who is the author of the information.

To conclude, internet is there to help students to get information fast and for free. However, we need to take care with the origin of this information, because sometimes it can be wrong or not 100% correct.

Would you please make a comment about its content?
jasmsu - / 3 1  
the first paragraph you could change it to

I believe that the internet provides a large amount of information most of them are positive. In my opinion, the internet makes it easier for people to get information that is free faster . On the other hand, information we see on the internet are not always accurate.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
I believe that internet provides a lot of information and it is positive. In my opinion internet makes easier to people know about a lot of thing faster and in the most cases for free. On the other hand, getting information on internet sometimes cannot be 100% accurate .

Although you wrote a very good opening statement, some phrase, such "a lot of thing" look vague, and interrupts the flow. For this reason, I try to rewrite this.

The Internet has changed today's life. As such, some people are more likely to gain valuable information instantly from this technology, while others claim that the leakage of private information is one of the dire consequences. For this reason, I would argue that the Internet introduces people unlimited communication with abundant information and resources .

I construct my model of introduction with the steps:
1. HOOK.
2. Background information
3. Thesis statement

Since the introduction should form a line with the conclusion, let me give you an example as well;
The aforementioned evidence shows that due to the Internet, exchanging information is fast and seamless. Likewise, the Internet has swamped with information, but not all information is reliable to everyday life. Where possible, some efforts should be taken to make the Internet much safer.

When it comes to concluding paragraph, you need to simply paraphrase the intro. Plus, adding personal thought prior to closing your statement is much better.

Hope this helps, eddy suaib.
makr 2 / 3  
Your 1st reason says internet make search easier and cheaper. But you didnt explain how cheaper?

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL] Internet provides a lot of information and it is positive