Increasing the price of petrol - the best solution to traffic and pollution problems?

caotungnam 1 / -  
IELTS TASK 2
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree and disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Hello you guys, Im about to take the IELTS exam in nearly 1 month. I really need as many feedbacks and advice as possible. Fix me and tell me any error, from details (comma, dot......) to big pictures (ideas, fluency, cohesion, flow....). Thanks in advance!

There is a belief that raising the price of petrol is the best solution to growing traffic and pollution problems. Those people that agree with this idea probably do not recognise many negative impacts that it poses, which clarifies the reason why this method is not greatly appreciated.

The best method to handle growing traffic and pollution issues is supposed to be a method benefiting both society and individuals as much as possible with a limited number of drawbacks. Increasing the price of petrol may not be an appropriate method because as the price is raised, people will be still willing to pay more in order to meet their pursuits of travelling. It is no surprise that travelling is a basic requirement of all people, and therefore people have tendencies to try the best to satisfy this requirement, despite the fact that it is rather inconvenient for them to afford a higher level of petrol price. For that reason, the increased price of petrol is unlikely to reduce the traffic density.

Personally, apart from elevating the price of petrol, all the measures ought to be aimed at the traffic infrastructures. The systems of road, as a whole, should be upgraded and repaired more frequently. These improvements are major factors, not only standing people in good stead in current times but in the long run as well. It can be obviously seen that once roads expansion is implemented, there will be more capacities of road; as a result, hardly ever will people have to confront the so-called traffic congestion.

Coupled with improving the traffic infrastructures, another solution is that there should be more eco-friendly public means of transport. These transports prompt many people to opt for rather than their own vehicles, which partially contribute to the high traffic density. Unlike most of the conventional means of transport, an advantage of the eco-friendly public transports is that they are not detrimental to environment.

In conclusion, people are dealing with many severe problems of growing traffic and pollution, and they are wavering among many solutions to these problems. Increasing the price of petrol, which is wrongly deemed as the best method, should be replaced by improving the traffic infrastructures and encouraging use of eco-friendly public means of transport.
bukhari1 1 / 6 1  
Hey. I've read your essay and propose the following corrections which are in brackets.

... not recognise many negative impacts that it poses, which clarifies the reason ... (The comma should not be there and change 'impacts' to 'effects'.

The flow of ideas is well structures and coherent but (this is just a suggestion) you could mention the model India is currently using to reduce pollution by allowing even and odd numbered cars to be on the road on alternate days with the exception of weekends. This trend will promote the use of public transport and thus the raise in fuel prices to reduce traffic density would not be as such needed. This approach will reduce the number of cars on the road and thus the fuel raise wouldn't be needed. Additionally the grammar needs some reworking and you need to run your essay through spell check as well for fragments that might consider revision.

... as a result, hardly ever will people have to confront the so-called traffic congestion. (more capacities of "roads" and "people will hardly" have to confront the so called traffic congestion."

These transports prompt many people to opt for rather than their own vehicles, which partially contribute to the high traffic density. (These "means of transport"/transport services" prompt many people to opt "out of" their own vehicles. "thus" contributing to "lowering of traffic density".
almatina 1 / 1 1  
hi! There is a belief that raising the price of petrol is the best solution to growing traffic and pollution problems . Those people that agree...

i think you should paraphrase the task' s words. And you have to write more and include your opinion here

Home / Writing Feedback / Increasing the price of petrol - the best solution to traffic and pollution problems?