Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS task 2 - The idea to impose a higher tax on fast food

M3L1 26 / 6 11  
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food. Do you agree or disagree?

Recently, fast food caused health problems to people who ate it too much. Some believe that government should take a necessary action regarding this issue, such as impose a higher tax on fast food. I believe that imposition tax on junk food will decline the purchasing and the number of sick people. However, there is another way to keep people healthy and aware of their health.

Fast food is widespread in all the world. A large number of children and adults like to consume it, because the taste is delicious and readily available. As it ubiquitous, people are easily to purchase it. Meanwhile, many people are getting sick because of their poor diet. Fast food as it is called, is lack of nutrition and has a lot of addictive substances. The more they eat, the more destructive substances are accumulated in their body which can cause obesity, cholesterol and even cancer.

Governments are responsible for these issues. One of the method is encumbering the fast food a higher tax. Every time people purchasing this food, they have to pay a lot of money. This might be decreasing the purchasing of junk food. Another way to reduce the number of sick people is governments set a campaign to educate people about healthy food and healthy life to abandon their poor diet.

In conclusion, some people merely stop to buy junk food because they have to pay more money. If they have more money, they will purchase it again. While a higher tax seems to reduce a slightly purchasing, I believe people who well-educated on healthy life is more effective to decline the health problems.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 2 - The idea to impose a higher tax on fast food