IELTS Human's dependence in the modern world

znack 7 / 31 5  
Some people think that in the modern world we have become more dependent on each other, while others think that people are now more independent.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In a world of technological progress, real connections between people are considered as a great value. While there is an opinion that modern humankind has discontinued to keep in touch with each other, many disagree with it and state that an ordinary men depended on surrounded people more then ever before. This essay will analyze both views before a reasonable conclusion is drown.

To begin with, the major argument why people believe in the modern dependence of humankind is an ever-increasing rate of globalization. As long as costumers opt for international items, they have been forced to depend on alternative countries' supplies. A perfect example of this would be the cinema industry, where people around the globe have anticipated the Hollywood productions.

In addition, the emerging of the Internet and allied connection devices has enabled people in one country work on international corporations in another. These devices have certainly put mankind in dependent position in term of the global employment. Hence, the dependence of people on each other can be clearly seen, as they expedite the level of globalization between cultures through contemporary devices.

In contrast, the improving of the technology has allowed people to rely on a machine instead of a human. When a modern person searches information, he would likely to employ a global search engine rather then ask a brilliant scientist. This example illustrates the current level of independence in regards to knowledge. Thus, it can be concluded that the technology brings tremendous changes in human reliability on each other.

After looking at the both sides of the issue, I would state that the modern world has alerted the way of people's live, causing a serious shift in their communication. Therefore, the global populace can be seen as less depended than they used to be. It is hoped that the global village will change this tendency in the near future for the long-run benefits.
This essay will analyze both views before a reasonable conclusion is drown.

It is better to express your own opinion here. This one really doesn't help you impress the reader because it sounds too vague. This is the structure dumi suggests for the introduction of this task. It is pretty logical and I wish you follow it.
To begin with, the major argument why people believe in the modern dependence of humankind is an ever-increasing rate of globalization.

Try to express your ideas with better clarity avoid being verbose. Clarity is number one priority in essays and it has much more value than displaying your vocabulary knowledge.

... You do not have to give too many examples to support one reason. Instead have one specific example and elaborate on that.
OP znack 7 / 31 5  
Thanks Pahan and Dumi

It is better to express your own opinion here

How I can express my opinion and follow a further discussion?
If I stated a strong opinion in favour of one side in intro, than it might be inappropriate to analyze another side in a following paragraph.

Could you please give me an example.

Try to express your ideas with better clarity avoid being verbose

What about this:

To begin with, the current globalization rate is the notable reason why humankind should be seen as dependable.
or
The Globalization phenomenon is a notable factor of the modern generation' dependency on each other.
Could you please give me an example.

There is no harm in expressing your view in the introduction itself and still progress discussing both views. For example, you hold the view that people are now less dependent on one another. Here we go;

.... In my personal view, I too agree with the view that modern people are less dependent on one another.
People who argue that people today are more dependent on each other claim that the modern man is not as self sufficient as his ancestors. Due to increased practicing of division of labor, people today need to depend on others to complete a specific task unlike the people of previous generations. For example, in ancient farming societies, people produced their own food and they were self sufficient and did not depend on each other for their own food. However, in today's context, farming has developed into a major industry and not every single man produces his own food, but depend on the companies or individual farmers who produce food for masses.

Now move into the next body para to discuss the other view and then in the conclusion, make a comparison and re-instate your opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Human's dependence in the modern world