Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'hindrance for national identity'; International fast food replaces traditional foods

RAY93 35 / 186 136  
In many countries, traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. This is having a negative effect on both families and societies. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Fast food restaurants have developed immensely in most countries. This is resulting on the increasing number of fast food consumers while a reverse vogue for traditional foods. I would argue that this trend has brought a dire effect in both family and societies.

It is noticeable that the consumption of fast food has a negative effect toward family. It has become a habit of most family to just eat or order varied instant food from restaurant in spite of spend time for preparing traditional home-made food which can strengthened family bond. They choose to enjoy meals which prepare and consume at short time. This lifestyle may reduce the kinship value while eating is no longer family sharing activity and reduce the quality time for them.

Fast food consuming has also brought some negative effects largely on society. This has become unhealthy lifestyle reducing the life quality of citizens and caused them easy to get sick. Fast food is lack of nutrition and it is become worse by the serving techniques resulted on high fat, cholesterol and calories food which is the main cause of obesity. In addition, fast food franchise is a threat for local restaurant where traditional staple served. The power of branding and advertising of fast food effectively persuade people to consume it rather than traditional cuisines which are being an economic issue for locals. Furthermore, fast food has been a hindrance for national identity. Traditional foods are the uniqueness of country as the historical and cultural product of certain country. But, people these days are much consume fast food rather than traditional food in some national yet in traditional events.

To sum up, fast food consumption which replaced traditional food is a serious issue. I strongly believe that it has aroused many problems for family and society.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'hindrance for national identity'; International fast food replaces traditional foods