TOEFL _ Should high school students be made wear uniform or not?

moonname 6 / 14 2  
Determining unique uniform for high school students can make them more concentrated on lessons and prevent them to waste their time for what they wear. However, in my view, to allow high school students to wear what they want is more beneficial. This freedom is necessary for juvenile pupils and also is the opportunity for them to practice to decide for their own life.

Firstly, I believe it is not fair to force juveniles to wear what we choose for them. One of the most important features of people in this period of life is desire to be special and unique in their appearance. Therefore, make them wear similar repetitive uniform can be so annoying for them. According to the researches published in Psychology Journal, based on the vast survey among 70 high schools of America, what to wear is the most important subject for juveniles and it is the main way for them to represent what they really want. When I was a high school student, wearing unique suit was the most unpleasant aspect of school for me. I remember that I and my friends always tried to be different in any way we could and school uniform was a big obstacle.

Secondly, as I am concerned, to decide about our personal clothing is the primary factor in the process of becoming mature and independent. So, we should let juveniles have this experience to practice for making their independent personality. Actually, it can be a chance for them to think about their desires and needs, and to decide by themselves. Even I think students can know themselves better through this right of choice. In addition, thanks to this freedom parents and teachers can understand juveniles much better and deeper. Hence, this can be an indirect way to distinguish real needs of teenagers.

To sum up, I think to permit students to be free in selection of their school suits is essential for high school students and also can be an appropriate chance for them to have an experience to decide by their owns. As a matter of fact, sometimes to let pupils be free can be more effective and instructive for them. In other words, giving students the opportunity to decide about themselves can be a method of instruction.
ramshah 11 / 27 5  
prevent them from wasting their time for what they wear
fuqiangang 3 / 7 3  
I think your examples need to be more specific so that amplify your contents to prove your points.

Of course,maybe you should add another paragraph to argue that unique uniform has brought out students' bebefits in several ways.First of all,uniform act as social equalizers.Students who cannot be fashionable due to limited family finances are made to feel more comfortable among their peers.Moreover,high school students are sometimes called young adults,by which people are anticipating their maturity,at least to some extent.In addition,school uniforms assist that students would learn to appreciate the elimination of so many choices when getting dressed for a school day.

"To decide about our personal clothing is the primary factor in the process of becoming mature and independent"....(moonname) if alter this sentence "It is crucial that stundents are expected to pursuit the fashion that is conducive to mature and independent."maybe better.

I am willing to exchange opinions with you!
fahadbd 25 / 56 5  
Determining unique uniform for high school students can make them more concentrated on lessons and prevent them to waste their time for what they wear. make it more clear... To compel unique uniform to the high school students can make them concentration and prevent them wasting time on lessons.
prevent them to waste their time for what they wear

.... this has grammar issues;
....prevent them from wasting their time on discussing over what they wear.
prevent from
However, in my view, to allowing high school students to wear what they want is more beneficial.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL _ Should high school students be made wear uniform or not?