IELTS: Today the high sale of popular consumer goods reflex the power of advertising

saphirblu 1 / -  
Today the high sale of popular consumer goods reflex the power of advertising and not the real need of the society in which theyare sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree with?

Many people assume that the significant increase in the sale of popular products is the result of effective advertisements and not the actual demand of the public. In my opinion, people nowadays do purchase goods according to how they are publicized. To further understand this, one needs to examine the true power of advertising and how it effects the general need.

Nowadays, as more and more products with same use are sold on the market, it all depends on how those goods are advertised. Therefore, publicizing the goods is prioritized in the producers' mind and budget. It can clearly be seen that the investment in commercials has never been more impressive. For instance, there are many advertisements which cost million dollars. Additionally, some companies even organized campaigns to advertise their products.Furthermore, the increase in advertising duration on TV is also an absolute proof of commercial power.

Before introducing any new product into the market, producers have to study the current trend. As the result, they know what to display to their clients in order to get them to buy their products. For example, the advertisement of infant formula always illustrates how it would be advantageous to the kids as the manufacturers understand how much parents care for their children. The commercials would show what people want to see not what they truthly need. Consequently, the mass of people would end up purchase goods that is not at any beneficial to them. The most obviously evidence of this matter is the smartphone craziness. People rushed to stores to acquire Iphone 5 the moment they went on sale though the new ones did not have many differences from the old ones. That was the result of productive advertising campaign of Apple.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the commercials have a significant effect on people that could make them pay for what are not their real requirement.
septem1821 3 / 24 7  
Intro:To further understand this, one needs to examine the true power of advertising and how it effects the general need-----we should not include topics not related to the task,they asked whether do you agree or not with the given statement. so confined only to that. you can include such points in conclusion but not in introduction.
Good introduction. But it lacks oneessential feature which is the hook. The hook helps you to grab the attention of the reader and keep his attention throuhout your essay. So start your introduction with a catchy hook and the move on to discuss the issue as you did with your first sentence. For example;

[i]Advertising is a very poweful tool used in marketing. Many people assume .... ([/i] your first line)
Post your IELTS essays into Writing Feedback fotum.
Nowadays, as more and more products with same use are sold on the market, it all depends on how those goods are advertised.

Nowadays there are many products with the same usage that compete heavily in the market. Therefore, the only thing that determines their sales performance is how aggressive they are with their advertising mechanism.

Therefore, publicizingmaking the public aware about the goods is prioritized in the producers' mind and budget.

As the result,

As a result
You need to pay attention to your essay structure. Where is your conclusion? It's not very clear :(

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Today the high sale of popular consumer goods reflex the power of advertising