Essay about happiness definition and it's effects - 'a kind of emotional feeling'

BrookW 4 / 12  
Hello everyone,

Below is my essay on below topic, I would be very appreciate for anyone can help to correct it.

Topic: Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness?

Great Thanks,
Brook

Happiness is an essential indicator to reflect how happy people feel from their daily lives. But how happiness should be defined? What brings the happiness to us? I am going to do some exploration and give my opinion.

Per my understanding, happiness is a kind of emotional feeling obtained by people when their demands are fulfilled or their wills are realized. But due to the demands and wills are totally different for each individual, the happiness invariably has a different meaning, it's hardly to define generally. For instance, many adults think that would be great happiness to live in a big beautiful house and have heir own luxury cars, while for some children, happiness maybe only means to have a lovely pet, and the most happy thing to a football fans is just watching another perfect shot made by his or her favorite team.

However, what are the key factors which affect the happiness of people? The first one would be the GAP between what you want to have and what you could have. Everyone has many desires, but some of them obviously can not be achieved because of the huge GAP between the dream and the reality. Such as most people would like to enjoy the happiness of traveling in their private air craft, but seems only a few of them can have the honor. Another contributing factor is that how much effort devoted to the achievement of the happiness. Almost every successful person would have a story about great happiness coming from great efforts.

All in all, the happiness means to live in your own favorite way. So whatever you are poor or rich, whatever you are young or old, just dedicate your efforts to your dream, therefore you will achieve your happiness.
Happiness is an essential indicator to reflect how happycontented people feel from their dailyare in lifetheir li ves.------------- Happiness is a mental state of well being and contenment. However, it is hard to find a clear definition of happiness and also to identify its sources because it can mean many things to many people.

But how happiness shouldcan be defined? What brings the happiness to us? I am going to do some exploration and give my opinion .

PerIn my understanding, happiness is a kind of emotional feeling ( happiness is not always an emotional feeling, for example, some people meditate to achieve a peaceful and calm mental state that makes them happy. Such happiness is not due to any emotional feeling) obtained by people when their demands are fulfilledmet or their wills are realizedefforts become meaningful .

But due to the demands and wills are totally different for each individual, the happiness invariably has a different meaning, it's hardly to define generally.-------------- If you break this sentence and shorten its length, your idea would flow better.
OP BrookW 4 / 12  
Hi De Silva,

Thank you very much for your comments:)
I like the ending!! But do this:
But regardless of whether you are rich or poor...

Also...

...but some of them obviously cannot be ----ONE WORD, CANNOT

:-)

Hi Brook, thanks for joining our community! And Duminda did an excellent edit, like always.
OP BrookW 4 / 12  
Hi Kevin,

Many thanks to your encouragement, I am a beginner in writing english essay, but with all your help, I am confident to be better soon!

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about happiness definition and it's effects - 'a kind of emotional feeling'