(IELTS graph) Typical stages of consumer goods manufacturing

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
The diagram below shows the typical stages of consumer goods manufacturing, including the process by which information is fed back to earlier stages to enable adjustment.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the process shown.
- You should write at least 150 words.
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The given flow chart provides the detailed information about the different stages of consumer goods manufacturing after analyzing the research results.

Raw materials and manufactured products keep in the store room first and then passed to the production planning, assembling respectively. The assembled goods after inspection and testing moved on for packing. The packed items are then ready for distribution in the dispatch section and finally sent for sale.

The research wing does product research and they decide the design of the product. According to the demand, the production also is regulated. The market research done after sales also influences the design of the product and packing. The items are undergoing inspection and testing after assembly. If they need any change in the packing design, they are doing in this stage also. Moreover the planning and design of the goods are depends on the sales. Extra products are stored in the storage room.

In short, the manufacturing of the goods are directly depends on the information feed backs of researches.

Q: Write a report for a university lecturer describing the process shown.
- You should write at least 150 words.

william731 18 / 43 13  
Raw materials and manufactured products keep in the store room first and then passed to the production planning, assembling respectively

should be passive voice, are kept
planning and assembling
I think components and products are two different things.

For me , I would write that: Raw materials and manufactured components are kept in the store room first and then are transferred to production planning stage. The finished goods are manufactured based on the design from product research department and are then assembled to inspection and testing department. The fully tested products are packed and ready for dispatch to sales section.

The items are undergoing inspection and testing after assembly

you mentioned it in the second paragraph.

The market research done after sales also influences the design of the product and packing

I would say: the market research done based on sales data also influences the product design, the way of packing and advertising the products.
Good intro :)

... This is good advice from william....passive voice works well for graphical interpritations. However, it does not mean you shouldn't use direct speech. Here, the passive sounds better :)

The research wing does product research and they decide the design of the product.

.... there are two research units as per the diagram; product and market
So, the term "research wing" sounds vague as to what side it refers to , or even both
OP joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai Dumi, and Willium...

Hai Dumi...

As usual, thanks for the good sentences...corrections and suggestions..

Hai william..
Thanks for the correction

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS graph) Typical stages of consumer goods manufacturing