Most governments allocate a considerable portion of their budget on space exploration.

Jay2016 2 / 5  
Some people think government should spend as much money as possible exploring outer space (for example, travelling to the moon and to other planets). Other people disagree and think governments should spend this money on our basic needs on Earth. Which of these two opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

the importance of exploring outer space

Most of the governments in the world, allocate a considerable portion of their budget on space exploration.But what about the problems and basic needs of people back on earth? Some people agree with government spending money in outer space exploration,while there are some who disagree with it.In my opinion,government should spend more money on our basic needs on Earth.I feel this way because of the two reasons,which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with,there are millions of people in every corner of the world living in acute poverty and crisis.These people are deprived of the fundamental necessities like food,clothing and shelter.Thus,it is every government's moral responsibility to take care and uplift the conditions of its people.Instead of sending probes to outer space,the government should emphasize on the development of its people.For example,in the year 2013-14,there were over 5 million severely malnourished children in different parts of the world,whereas governments across the globe spent millions and millions of dollars sending probes to planet Mars to search for water and life.A independent study showed that even if we would have used just one-fourth of our space budget ,we could have fed about 5 million of these malnourished children.

In addition,major traffic jams have been effecting every city in the world.Our public infrastructure cannot support this excessive number of vehicles .In order to solve this problem,the government needs to construct more roads and bridges to accommodate the growing number of vehicles.Such an undertaking by the government can be funded by diverting the money allocated to space exploration.

In conclusion,I strongly believe government should spend on the basic needs of people on Earth which are far more significant than exploring the outer space or discovering a new planet.This is because uplifting the conditions of the people and constructing new infrastructure for the cities is the moral and primary responsibility of any government in the world.

[312 words]
-----------------------
Lynn88Mr 1 / 16 8  
Considering this is an essay for undergraduate student, it is pretty much shorter than what I had expected. Is there any limitation to the length of the essay or words? If none, you should consider to make the essay a bit lengthy. You can add another one or two points with supporting facts and examples. Please elaborate more on your second point which is on public infrastructure.

Improvisation:

1) ... needs on Earth.I feel this way because of the two ... the following essayparagraphs .

2) ... development of its people by providing free education, monthly allowance for student and providing jobs with suitable wages for the citizens. This is just my opinion. You can add any other point that you like.

For the conclusion, add one or two points on your hope or what you wish the government would do. For example, "The government should understand the needs of its people and the actions that they need to take in order to improve the living conditions of its people. Although exploring the outer space can give the government a valuable knowledge, the prime responsibility for the government is to the serve its people and ensure their well beings".

I hope these information will help you. ^_^

Home / Writing Feedback / Most governments allocate a considerable portion of their budget on space exploration.