It's a good idea to allow students take a long break in order to work or travel

homsai 11 / 24 5  
Topic: In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

=========

An increasing trend that students take a year break to gain a travel or work experience before attend the universities. In this essay, I am going to examine the benefits and drawbacks for students to do so.

Obviously, having a travel or work experience contributes to students' education by bringing more financial supports and broadening their mind. An extra funding is able to make by working during the holiday, thereby covering the expenses of schooling and living. It makes students concentrate on their study without worrying their expenses after that year. For those who are not suffering from financial problems may take a break in other countries. It provides the opportunities to meet variety of people and learn different cultures. These knowledge would develop some novel prospectives towards things, such as pollution problems, social problems and etc.

On the other hand, there are some drawbacks related to take a long break. Firstly, a long break impels student to forget the old skills that might be vital to further study. For instance, to maintain a good level of mathematic skill requiring frequently intensive practice. Losing those skills results in a tough time during the university life. Moreover, this long-term holiday causes schools losing controls to their students. Thus, few students might take this break as a chance to spoil themselves by exposure on TV games, gambling, even drugs in a strange country or place.

To sum up, it is a good idea to allow some students take a long break in order to work or travel. However, the bottom line is: the schools, parents or other institutes are capable to make sure that young people are taking a good advantage of it.

========

All feedbacks are welcome and highly appreciate.
Thanks all you guys.
An increasing trend that students take a year break to gain a travel or work experience before attend the universities.

.... Good introduction of your topic

broadening their mind.

... broadening their perspectives .... It's good to use the key word "perspective" for this idea because it is their perceptions about things that are influenced by such exposures.

An extra funding is able to make by working during the holiday, thereby covering the expenses of schooling and living.

... why don't you say this more directly. Then it would sound more interesting and comprehensible;
Earning some extra money would certainly help students with meeting a part of their expenses such as their food and lodging costs.
Muath1987 3 / 5  
I really enjoy reading your essay specially those clearly points of advantages.

Home / Writing Feedback / It's a good idea to allow students take a long break in order to work or travel