TOEFL: Going in vacation or buying a car??

xucoi 14 / 41 10  
Hi everybody. Hope you will give me opinions ^^. Thank you too much. :D

Topic 177: A friend of yours has received some money and plans use all of it either to go on vacation or to buy a car. Your friend has asked you for advice. Compare your friend's choices and explain one you think your friend should choose.

Go on vacation
There is much discussion above that "should my friend buy the car?" Buying the car is one way to spend that much money, however, from my point of view; my friend should use money on going on vacation.

A car could bring some benefits to its owner. It takes you to work every morning and carries his family to go anywhere instead of renting others one with high cost rental or transports sundry items to home. Besides, a car, in my country is the symbol of luxury. It means that my friend's society rise. As the result, he may get much more respectable than he is now.

Although I agree, there are two or more advantages for my friend to buy a car. However, I insist that the advantages of shopping overweigh him. Not only gas cost increasing but also expensive maintenance fees are the serious problems that influence his family's finance. He should examine these things before he gives his decide whether he buys a car or not. If my friend spent much money on going on vacation, he would discover many interesting things out there but his home and his office. He also relaxes after tired works and enjoys many kinds of entertainments or lives under the natural life.

The vacation is the change for my friend to accumulate new things. He would get many experiences from this trip such as learning new things and getting more skills in his life. Moreover, he would make more friends after the travel and expand his relationship.

In conclusion, my advice is that my friend should spend much money on going on vacation because it gives him more benefits than his other choice. Going on vacation is more sensible than buying a car.
Freenchy 4 / 26  
I think there is a problem here 'It takes you to work every morning and carries his family to go anywhere'. You use 'you' then 'his'.

Besides that, I think your essay is quite good :)
OP xucoi 14 / 41 10  
:), i think it's should be " it takes him to go to work/ office" :D. Thanks for your comment Freenchy ^^.
sweetbitterrose 5 / 11  
...A car could bring some benefits to its owner. It takes you to work every morning and carries his family to go anywhere. instead of renting others one with high cost rental or transports sundry items to home. Otherwise, whenever you need it, you have to rent one with high rental cost ...

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Going in vacation or buying a car??