IELTS General task 1- You have a full time job and also doing a part time evening course.

malsha 1 / -  
You have a full time job and also doing a part time evening course. you now find that you cannot continue the course. write a letter to the course tutor.

In your letter
.describe the situation
.explain why you cannot continue at this time
.say what action you would like to take

Dear sir,
I'm writing this letter to inform u that I will not be able to continue the computer diploma course from next month. i'm Malsha Perera and my student ID is 3990. Currently I'm working in a private company and I'm following this part time course while I'm working.

I have a great difficulty to attend the classes from next month because I'm going to be busy with my office work. Recently I was promoted to a new position in a different department in my company and I'm going to take up my new position from the beginning of November. So I would have to deal with challenges and I hope it will take much time to adopt myself. Furthermore I'm going to have a three months training which will be provided from the company.so most of the time I would have to stay after hours until I get used to new work. So, I don't think I could give much commitment and concentration on my studies.

I would like to temporary stop the computer course and restart after three months. I would deeply appreciate if u could consider my situation and help me to make necessary arrangements.

Thank you
Yours faithfully
Malsha Perera
carmspinto 1 / 2 1  
1.i'm writing this letter to inform u that I will not be able to continue the computer diploma course from next month.
you write "u" it should be "you", dont use slang, this is a formal letter.

2. this letter should have date and address, which are parts of a letter.
I'm writing this letter to inform u that I will not be able to continue the computer diploma course from next month .

.... you have to say either;
I will not be able to continue the diploma course ... OR
I will not be able to attend the classes from next month

i'm Malsha Perera and my student ID is 3990.

You need to start the letter with these details. First introduce yourself and then tell the purpose of writing. Then give reasons for such decision. Finally tell them what you plan to do.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS General task 1- You have a full time job and also doing a part time evening course.